CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New to snakes!

Old 06-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
sporksforall
New to snakes!

I just committed to a corn from a breeder on the forum (Elemental Exotics).

He's my first snake and my second foray into non-mammals. (I had a very unsatisfying slider turtle for a while. I've no doubt she found me unsatisfying, too. She went to live with a nice male in a friend's backyard pond, so it all worked out).

I'm going to get my set up set up before he arrives in early July. I've been reading a lot and am sure I'll have lots of questions. There's some spousal grumbling about the mice, but that's what the garage fridge's freezer is for, right?

Anyway, thanks for the great forum.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum and to keeping Cornsnakes! You will love it!

Amanda (Elemental Exotics) is a great source for them!

You can put the feeder mice bag inside a paper bag, so they're not visible, that might help with the grumbling. Just make sure to label it so no one accidently opens it. LOL

There's tons of useful info in this forum, and while it's not as active as it used to be, it is a great place to interact with other Cornsnake keepers!

Be sure to post pics when you get your new little one! (What morph are you getting?)

Old 06-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
Patmart
Hi good luck with your first corn they are lovely to look after
How old is he ?
Do you know if it’s male or female ?
When you’ve got any questions this site is the best for any questions you’ve got
Good luck
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #4
sporksforall
Thanks for the welcome(s).

He's a 2017 hatchling and is a Tessara. There was something about his face that said to me, "I'm your snake." Not that I overread symbols or anything.

I'm going to go get all the set up this weekend and may have questions after I do that.

Can't wait for him to come!

Old 06-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
Patmart
Hi that’s great I’ve got 2 corns George I had a 9 weeks old he’s now 1 and a half years old
And zuzee a girl I had her when she was 10 months old
Both doing well
Good luck it’s great being a snake keeper
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #6
blacktip
Congrats on getting a snake from Amanda! She is amazing to work with and has beautiful, healthy snake babies.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #7
sporksforall
She sent me a video of him yesterday. Curious and gorgeous! What more can you ask?

Old 06-15-2018, 12:19 AM   #8
Twolunger
Welcome to the forum. I went through the complaints about mice in the freezer too. I just bought myself one of the small dorm fridges with a freezer.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #9
sporksforall
Since the frozen mouse objection, I've been actively monitoring the garage fridge's freezer to see if it's even being used or looked in. (The fridge itself is used for liquids). Not as yet, so I think I'm safe. I like the marked paper bag tip.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #10
DeuceRon
Welcome to the forum and congrats! I got my first corn a few months ago and I'm so glad I found this forum. So much great info and help here for sure

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google