• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lizard Eating Snake...Eating Mice

VegasGhost

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, remember Alaska? The free snow corn who has been eating lizards!?! Well, tonight after trying multiple attempts at feeding mice...I finally got her to eat three f/t scented pinkies. Granted for her size she should be eating more, but she wouldn't take any more. I scented them with t-rex lizard maker...was at the pet store earlier picking up some more aspen and figured for $7 I might as well try it.

She might get tempermental and want to switch back to lizards, but for now this is a small victory and I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Picture courtesy of CornCrazy

Congrats!

I wouldn't think it should be too long before she accepts unscented thawed mice. Even if she doesn't, you get a lot of "scent" for 7 bucks! :D Going straight to thawed is a great start.

bmm

Oh my gosh...I can't believe it!!!

She wouldn't take them scented with T-Rex lizard scent before! I tried MULTIPLE times. I guess the move stimulated her appetite! I'm so glad you got her to eat them!

Corncrazy, you're right about it being the move. I remember when I first moved to California from Tennessee, back in '85. It wasn't a month before I started missing "Down-Home Bar-B-Que and Soul Food." I still do. None of that stuff is out here. Maybe Alaska is homesick and the mice remind her of being back in Tennessee and fond memories of your kind attention.

Just an illogical guess. :D

Thanks Gregg!

It's great to think that she just misses me!!!:eek:
:D :D :D

What NO southern cooking? YUK!! I'll never live in California!

I've sold several hatchlings in the past as non-feeders, making people are really good deal on them (I sold 8 for eighty bucks, shipped, last time I did this, I think!), and in each and every case, those crazy little snakes have eaten for their new owners within 48hrs!!!

I don't know what it is about that plane ride that makes them willing to eat, but one of these days I'm going to talk my Dad into just flying my poor eaters around in his plane to see if I can get them to eat that way! Who knows?!?!?

It'll be my luck that it's the actual sale of the animals that doest it for them . . .and not the plane ride after all! Oh well.

:D

The whole food travel thing worked for me too....in that I went to school in Nashville for four years and I couldn't wait to get back to Southern California to get some real good mexican food. lol

HECK

2 miles from my house is Bubba's BBQ with the best brisket I've ever had, and I've spent a lot of time in Powell

:D

Back