• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

just wondering

snakeprincess18

the other day i was trying to get my male to eat, (he is a picky eater some times) and he didn't sow any intrest in the mouse, so i gave it to my female, she had no problems eating, but while she was eating i let my male wonder around the room, and when my female got done i let her wonder to, she normally don't like him to touch her, and she tries to get away, but while she she was going she stopped and let my male get on her and before i knew it he was trying to make babies, it did it two times before i got them apart but i don't think she let him in. I'm not ready to breed them yet. and i was just wondering if it was possible that he got her done or if it would take more then a few quick moments to make baby's, and if he did get her done how long before i can tell if she will lay eggs???? :shrugs: i always thought i would have trouble getting them to breed when the time was right but i guess my male showed me other wise lol.

It's fairly easy to tell if they mated. First: when they hook up, it takes about 10-20 minutes for them to unhook. They stay connected, much like dogs. Second: you would likely find a spot of yellowish goo on the floor where they had been fooling around. It doesn't sound like they mated, but then again, they can be tricky.

I'm sure you've already figured out now that during the spring season, it's a good idea not to let them come in contact unless you want eggs. :) Keep an eye on your female for the next few weeks and see if she gets larger or begins to refuse food. Then make sure you look on here for more info or get Kathy's book if you don't have it. Good luck.

Back