CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How did you choose your corns' names?

Old 07-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
LadyJemima
How did you choose your corns' names?

Thinking about what to name my new corn and was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I was thinking about "Cornflake" when I first got him, and also "Longfellow." But one day I was playing with him and he was being silly and making me laugh and I called him a Doofus. Doofus later turned into "Rufus." Which is what I call him now.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:08 PM   #3
LadyJemima
Ha! Never would have guessed that. I assumed it was for his red color.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
oh? Does Rufus mean Red? I had no idea.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:17 PM   #5
LadyJemima
Rufous is a term meaning "red" or "reddish-brown," most commonly used to refer to bird coloration (e.g. the Gray Catbird has a rufous vent.)

Old 07-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
ahhh... you're throwing in an "o" after the f.

Rufus (pronounced Roo fis) is actually a Man's name taken from the Bible (I think), but it's also a "Country Boy Red Neck Southerner" sort of name. And since it rhymes with Doofus it just sort of stuck. Because he is a Doofus.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:10 AM   #7
DLena
I named one of my BPs for my best friend Maura. I drove from Kenmore NY to New Jersey for a 6 snake rescue. They were all half starved and burned and one was so badly burned I had to put it down in a Wendy's parking lot around the corner from the kid's house. I was so upset I couldn't even stop sobbing, so I called Maura. She talked me off the ledge and had big bowls for soaking, rolls of paper towels and tubes of neosporin all ready for my quarantine rack when I got home. She's not even a snake person, she's a cat mama. She's the only friend I have who accepted my babies without a qualm and judgment free. She e en helped me get them to the vet that Monday. I named the most beautiful one after her.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #8
LadyJemima
Just realized I accidentally posted this in the morph section. Sorry -- still finding my way around the Tapatalk app!

Old 07-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #9
Tavia
Most of mine are named in TV series, movie or book series themes.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #10
Scrappyeddie77
Mine are all after Greek gods and goddesses
Ares
Athena
Artemis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google