• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Florida King Jake Making Progress

Nanci

Alien Lover
Jake is so funny. He's almost always out when I go out to the kitchen at 5:30 AM and turn on the lights. I always say hi to him and often open his door and pet him, which usually causes him to whisk away into hiding. Lately, he's been a bit more tolerant. He doesn't want me to think he's friendly, or anything, so he usually rattles his tail, and this morning when I went to pet him, he gave a few exasperated hisses- like why can't you just leave me alone? I invited him out, though, and he took me up on it! But I was trying to fix the tortoises' breakfast and make coffee, etc., so I put Jake around my neck, where he hung on tightly. The funny thing is, the reason for this post, he had his tail touching my ear, and he would keep rattling his tail!! Right on my ear! What a goofball. I put him back after about ten minutes because I had to leave for work. I've never had my ear rattled before- it was kind of fun!! I sure need to get more pics of him- but it's usually dark when he is out.

JakeArrives031cr_800.jpg

Nanci

WAIT, you're up at 5:30?!?!

I'm glad you two are making progress. I definitely know what it's like to have a bit of, uh... resistance from a snake. Trying to work through it can be discouraging at times, but it seems like you're doing well.

It's pretty cool! My other big snake isn't a rattler, so I haven't experienced it before. The little guys that rattle are too small to hang around my neck when I need free hands. But I know you're not a neck-draper anyway.

Nanci

Tail rattlin...

Roy Munson said:
I think it's funny when they rattle in-hand, but I've never experienced the ear rattle. :)
never bothers me, the musking gets to me a bit.

Very funny Nanci. I think he is just trying to tell you that he is your new man. :grin01: He really, really likes you.
Jay :cool:

PJCReptiles said:
Very funny Nanci. I think he is just trying to tell you that he is your new man. :grin01: He really, really likes you.
Jay :cool:
*snickers and snorts* :roflmao: :rofl:

And such a handsome man he is!

I think the tail rattlers are the cutest, I agree that the musking part, which sometimes follows the tail rattling is a bit too much - but I figure it could be worse...

Jenn

Jake does something like musking, only I never see/feel anything wet. When I get him out, there's this strong smell of apples/peppers- then it goes away. It smells good.

Zee musked at the vet yesterday when he was getting tube wormed- he was blue- so extra cranky, and it was the most horrible musk of all time. He's never musked before.

Jenn, did you see Jake's new pics from yesterday??

Nanci

Back