CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby corn snake not eating

Old 02-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #11
gene22
I am going to try to find a live pinky and try that.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #12
Shiari
Third sticky from the top in this section of the forum Nanci has a thread on tricks for getting non feeders to eat. They include live, scenting with various substances, dipping a thawed out pink in boiling hot water for a few seconds so it becomes white and rubbery and immediately offering it to the snake in a small container, and even putting them on top of your washing machine and dryer as the vibrations can apparently simulate appetite some time.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
gene22
Chicken broth trick worked!!! Thank you all for your help.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:27 AM   #14
thewalkingtechie
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene22 View Post
Chicken broth trick worked!!! Thank you all for your help.

Awesome! Glad you got it to eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #15
nancyg
try a pinky from another supplier, or go buy some new ones.. I've had a snake refuse mice from a batch - maybe there's some smell they object to. Scenting may cover it up.

How do you thaw the pinky? Mine just thaw to room temperature while i'm getting other things set up to feed, and I dunk it into hot water to warm it up before putting it in.. I feel that having it warm makes it more lifelike, though my snakes will take them cool, as well (though they don't seem to be as quick about it)

Old 03-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
uniemaia
interesting thread, I also experienced the same problem

Old 03-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #17
gene22
Any other tricks. I successfully able to get the baby corn to eat by thawing in chicken broth but has not taken anything after that for a few week. Any other suggestions? Should I try to find a live pinky?

Old 03-20-2018, 07:43 AM   #18
gene22
Just tried a live pinky last night and he did not eat. Any other tricks?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google