• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake active but not eating...

Thanks!
I've been really worried about my snake how long does the breeding season last? would it eat a pinky or a fuzzy? during this period.

Hi . Sadly it's not an exact science .. .... He's done this for a few years now ... Sometimes he will go 7 weeks without eating and other years he will randomly take one after missing a few and then not eat for another few weeks ... I have 16 snakes so I just try him each week and if he refuses just give it to another snake :)

My female corn snake is a little over a year. i've been feeding her fuzzies in a shoe box since she was only a few months old, the last time she ate however i only had a larger fuzzy which she still ate, although it was a little big for her. that was in september, she has not eaten since. i've tried every week to feed her, minimized handling, have the tank at a constant temperature. she is acting normal, but i have not seen her drink water, or defecate. i just don't know what to do. please help

My female corn snake is a little over a year. i've been feeding her fuzzies in a shoe box since she was only a few months old, the last time she ate however i only had a larger fuzzy which she still ate, although it was a little big for her. that was in september, she has not eaten since. i've tried every week to feed her, minimized handling, have the tank at a constant temperature. she is acting normal, but i have not seen her drink water, or defecate. i just don't know what to do. please help

I’d start feeding in the viv .. over a piece of card or even a dish to minimise the risk of substrate ingestion ..

Some Corn snakes do occasionally go off their food for a few weeks / months .. my two adults certainly do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d start feeding in the viv .. over a piece of card or even a dish to minimise the risk of substrate ingestion ..

Some Corn snakes do occasionally go off their food for a few weeks / months .. my two adults certainly do

Oh and you rarely see snakes drinking to be honest !!

Back