CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My snake died

Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #11
MerlinsPop
When I picked up Vern from Petco, she was all of 5 grams. The woman there said that he had eaten 2 pinkies two days before that. Given how 'baggy' her skin was, and comparing that image to how nice and snug her skin is now, I have a hard time believing she ate that much that recently and only weighted 5 grams. I went through 3 refusals before she ate, and she hasn't stopped since.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #12
MerlinsPop
oops... I am sorry for you loss. Don't let this experience discourage you.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
sandybunny
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat
I'm guessing that he had never had a meal in his life. Sad, but true. I once saw a hatchling at petco that had a HUGE kink in its neck area. The snake could not even align its head straight with its body.

It seemed pretty clear to me that whatever supplier that store must whole sale their completely hopeless non feeders instead of properly euthanizing them.

Let this be a lesson. If you do decide to buy another snake make sure it is from a reputable breeder. It may be a good idea for you to get a well established snake as a starter instead of a hatchling as well.
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with Jessicat, I bet the snake had never eaten. The store workers are not going to tell you if a snake is either a problem eater, or not eating at all. Please don't be discouraged, it wasn't your fault. You did not kill your snake. I would recommend ordering one from a breeder on this forum. You would know for certain that the snake is healthy and eating. Also, they can help you personally if you are having problems. There is a for sale thread on this forum. Don't be shy, go look, and talk to different breeders to find what you want. Good luck, and I am so sorry again for your loss.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #14
this_name's_corny
I am so very sorry about your snake.
it really wasn't your fault. Don't trust the pet-store guys!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google