CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

big DIY...

Old 09-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #41
carnivorouszoo
Wow, that lizard looked cool! Hmm, what to put in there. . . . .??? Newts? Salamandars? Frogs? Seem like those would be best for a wet viv like that. I have a 29 I want to play with but the glass makes it too heavy to do anything permanent like yours. Besides I have to build a couple of double cage indoor hutches for my rabbits lol. That will be fun, not!

Old 09-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
gob144
what kind of snake is this for?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #43
gob144
never mind my last i didnt see the other 4 pages.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #44
xreinx
none.. I am throwing this togather because I had it sitting in my house for a year.. It was going to be for my corn, but it was too long and.. so like a dummy, I put it on its end.. and well.. started working on it that way... then I relized that corns cant climb that high in a Wet inviro. ... so.. HAhahahahha indoor garden? maybe frogs.. but .. dang.. I Really wanted corns to go in there! if I keep it semi dry, forget the water, do you think it would be alright to put corns in it? or just.. too tall?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #45
carnivorouszoo
I do not think I would put a corn in there, a shame too because it is going to be awesome! I would worry too much about the humidity being too high for them and aiding in a case of scale rot.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #46
xreinx
it has vents, and a small but powerful fan, I may have to replace because its alittle Big for the thing, and though its going to be excape proof, (built it from the inside out) its not compleatly Air tight.

I did a mini Terrarium and found out right away what "air tight" did to plants. so this one is Far from air tight, the fan forces air down to the vary bottem, where it has two vents to excape from, and I plan on having the fan on for a few hours every day, simply because of the humidity.

and no, I relized that this tank isnt right for corns, halfway threw. and I have to say thats part of the reason why Its taken me so long to finish it, guess I was dissappointed, and was thinking: if it isnt for my corns, then really why am I doint this?

but everyone seems excited to see it finished, so im doing my best, Ill finish grouting the first layer today, and start on the second tonight.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #47
xreinx
well this is fun

As you can see, I rushed ahead thinking that the seal was good enough to grout around, I mean, I can put it back on its other side in just about two hours.. well it knocked me on the head and said Hay.. this isnt going to work!

litterly knocked me on the head when it fell off. but hay! I got it Grouted!... a good thing.. right?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #48
xreinx
update

second to last coat of grout. hers were things are finally starting to look better, its still raw, but Im happy with how its starting to look.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #49
KustomRooR
I would suggest a colombian rainbow boa, or maybe a Brazillian. They wont mind the wet environment at all.. in fact prefer it... and they LOVE LOVE to climb.

This is a great project and im sure itll turn out nice!

Good luck and keep the pics coming

Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #50
xreinx
no pics this time, but ive chosen green tea color for the background, its nearly smooth now, due to the layers of grout, ive given up alittle on the waterfalls, though they still need to be ajusted so they flow properly, im going to airbrush gray and black along the crevices though, where the deeper seams are so it looks more like stone, and maybe throw flecks of gold here and there. another few weeks I think, and it should be done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google