CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Who Knew? Getting my craft on!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
VickyChaiTea
That is tooooooo cool!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
Dakota314
I love that! Very natural looking.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
diamondlil
That is amazing!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
Nanci
Wow- those are so pretty! Too bad I don't have a kid I could make do that!!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Jasonx
That is awesome!! Good job!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Lyion
Cool! That looks so real

Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #17
EmbersMom
OK - go for broke on the waterproofing. At $3.97 a can, I used almost a whole can on this one loaf-pan size hide. The more waterproof, the longer it will last. get in any nooks and crannies really, really good. Be sure the final coat over the Instant Stone is good and thick, and since this is not an art project (where you are not worried about yellowing or it being too thick for looks) make sure you get a good coating over the Instant Stone! So you can wash it. I did not waste Instant Stone @ $8 a can underneath, only on the outside. Also, let it air out for a few days outside to get rid of the spray paint smell.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
EmbersMom
Even with the waterproofing, I plan to "wash" this with a soapy, bleach-water-soaked sponge. I do not plan to immerse this in water or anything. And dry it off with a towel.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
EmbersMom
Had to air it out for a few days (outside) to get rid of spray paint smell. Then put it in viv. Obviously, overnight, he was around and on top, and finally went in. I. AM. BOSS! Now willing to take the time to spray and seal other 2 (another one this size for this snake (Flame) and a bigger one for my snake, Ember).

Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
Thickscaled
This is awesome and a great idea. I am going to have to try this when I get sometime.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google