CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Viv project!!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
SharkBait1992
Yea I saw some of those cabinet lights at Walmart for like 10 bucks, I might get one and see how well it lights this up and then maybe get another. I really appreciate the deplores from everyone it has been pretty helpful.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #22
SharkBait1992
at this point all i need to do is buy the acrylic for the doors, working on sealing it this week excited to get it done and start saving for a snake

Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #23
SharkBait1992
I got these glass tracks (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2275)
Has anyone else used them? my question is how do you mount them? there are no holes for screws or anything so I guess using some kind of glue but I'm not sure what glue would hold it. Thanks!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
kaypar2011
You can drill screw holes in polystyrene. Drill bit should be smaller than the screws.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #25
SharkBait1992
You think that would cause a problem with the sliding of the glass?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
kaypar2011
There are screws that have a flat top and will recess some when you screw them into the track. That will not interfere with the glass sliding. Tell the guy in hardware at Lowe's or Home Depot what you are doing and they will be glad to help. I don't think the track was meant to be glued, that is just not a good permanent solution. You can also get infomation on how to install from the manufacturer of the track.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
SharkBait1992
Alright, I'll see if I can get to home depot today or tomorrow. I didn't think glue would be a very good choice but I wasn't sure. I don't trust the people at the hardware stores here lol every time I have asked them about stuff they just kinda look at me funny. Thank you for your help!!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
kaypar2011
You are welcome, good luck with your project.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #29
SharkBait1992
I found screws that will work laying around the house, yay less money to spend!

Good news: I can probably finish this week (if I can get the acrylic for the doors)
Bad news: I will no longer have something to keep me busy and I will have a really cool cage but I can't get a Snake to put in it, at least not yet, I'm working on that though lol

Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
SharkBait1992
Pictures Finally

I kept forgetting to take pictures and the ones I did take I kept forgetting to post so before I forget here are some pics, they were all taken on my phone.

After the coats of sealent before I did the background and branches

After the Great stuff foam cured and I carved it up (stuff on background is some moss I had to figure out a better way for it to stick after this though cause none of it stayed very well haha)

I also made a tree hide by wrapping PVC in was paper and then spraying great stuff over that, slid off quite nicely, though because I got too eager and took the pvc out befor the foam finished curing it expanded some and the wax paper is now stuck in there.

After decorating and sealing everything a few times

In this tree I created a top area so the snake can hang out up there, The cloth part is fabric wrapped around screen so I can remove it and clean it if i need to, there is a solid part underneath to keep it supported. Not sure how it will work out but we will see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google