• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Maybe overdid it...

What about Opheodrys Aestivus? It's supposed to be some kind of "cornsnake" (not sure if that name is as extensive as the one we use in czech for this kind of snakes) and it's pretty and green ... very arboreal too, spending tons of time tangled in the branches, but not really "handling friendly" as I read they are pretty bitting prone ...

No idea if it would be suitable for your viv technical setup, but it's pretty and green and would go awesomely well with the "avatar-like" theme I think :)

Rough Green Snakes are not a type of Cornsnake, and from what I have heard, can be a bit difficult to get to thrive.

It is not one I would recommend.

MysticExotics: I was struggling with translation as english is not my native language ... we have a name for all kinds of these snakes which I'm finding hard to translate. Maybe the latin group name "Colubridae" can shield them all ... google spit out "grass snake" on me though.

Don't know much at all about the snake I posted, but tried to go with the desired description :)

Tree snake is probably the most accurate term. They're arboreal, though they can hide pretty well in green grasses also. I was actually considering a rough green for my first snake before I discovered the colorful world of corns. I would still love to have one, but I don't really want to mess with feeder crickets right now lol. :) They are fairly hesitant to bite, but even if you get a feisty one they're so tiny they can't do much damage anyway. I'm told they are highly prone to musking though. With regular handling they can calm down a fair amount, but no where near the degree of corn snakes.

Those are beautiful!!! I would be nterested in making one for my little guy once he is large enough that I move him to his big boy viv. :)

Back