• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

It just gets better and better...

Hurley

Registered
You'd think I would have seen it all by now. :rolleyes: This weekend at the reptile swap, Serp and I saw a pair of "Proven Breeder Okeetees" for sale on a table. The pair of snakes contained in the deli cup actually did look like Okeetees, but they were literrally only about 90 grams, probably less. Proven? Man, for their sakes, I hope not. Shoot, both snakes were smaller than the smallest male I've ever tried on my females.

Tempting, but...no.

LOL, I wish I had my camera, though. It was about as funny as if I had seen 2 fuzzy 8-wk-old kittens labeled "proven breeders".

(and that's so weird that spell check doesn't know what the word "proven" is)

And now, the backpedal....

Harrumph. You just don't understand.

By "proven", the seller meant that he can prove that the two snakes were, in fact, the offspring of two snakes that were bred.

Marketing. Gotta love it.

regards,
jazz

Possible het Yeti?

I hear they breed an a much smaller size, similar to a dwarf boa. :)

Had something similar happen once...

My ex wife and I were at a snake show years ago. She didn't have much at all to do with the snakes, but she knew what was corn, texas rat, or boa... Anyhow, we were walking by the tables and she tugged on my arm and pointed, in a small cage were two Anery Corns. The tag said, four year olds, proven breeders. Though they could have been breeders, my ex wife saw how tiny they were compared to the adults I had at home, and she could even tell there was something not quite right, either that or we just raise them a little bigger out here in North Dakota! LOL! Cause my two year old corns back at the house were bigger than the two in the cage! Yes, it is most certainly a buyer beware world we live in! On the level of horse trading! Cept with horses, if your educated about teeth, you can get a pretty good guess at age! There are several reasons why I try to only buy hatchlings!
Russell Keys

Back