CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello !.........goodbye...

Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
Jdog3131
I understand them they're for people who think they're so cool by making a dramatic exit.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
ComoxCorn
I guess the OP feels that every time someone posts a thread asking for advice, the experts (those with the fancy websites) have an obligation to keep rehashing the same info over and over and over and over..........................and over.
As much as the real issue is that most people will post a question, rather than do a "search", there is still a ton of good advice here on this site. I guess the OP expects precise and expert advice with every query he has.
It's a shame that some people feel that way, but I guess that's what makes each of us individuals. I think newbies learn a lot from this site and the OP really doesn't see that. Not only that, this site offers a place for people with a common interest to gather and create new friendships.
To the OP, I will only state that your "dramatic" and immature exit runs like water off a ducks back in this forum. If you truely don't like the site, then stay out.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #13
Ares2010
yeah, I know some of us newbies probably asked things that if we did a search we could find... I admit I was guilty of that the first day I joined.. but I had a snake that I suddenly ended up with without warning and it was just easier and faster to ask what I needed to in my intro thread.. Anything else, I have been looking up in searches since then.

Sometimes if you are in an odd situation, it's just quicker to ask all instead of taking time you don't have in that precise moment.

I have been doing a good bit of research here and on the internet overall since getting Ares and now, my sisters new snow, Zeus.

Some people I guess don't always have time to read loads of stuff and find it easier to just ask in here to get a quicker answer.

My situation was different because I ended up with a snake when I didn't know I was going to end up with.. lol.... and now he's mine and I am happy he dropped into my life.

I guess if one doesn't have patience on a site, they need to move on.

Not every site is for everyone. To each his own I guess.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2010 View Post
yeah, I know some of us newbies probably asked things that if we did a search we could find... I admit I was guilty of that the first day I joined.. but I had a snake that I suddenly ended up with without warning and it was just easier and faster to ask what I needed to in my intro thread.. Anything else, I have been looking up in searches since then.

Sometimes if you are in an odd situation, it's just quicker to ask all instead of taking time you don't have in that precise moment.

I have been doing a good bit of research here and on the internet overall since getting Ares and now, my sisters new snow, Zeus.

Some people I guess don't always have time to read loads of stuff and find it easier to just ask in here to get a quicker answer.

My situation was different because I ended up with a snake when I didn't know I was going to end up with.. lol.... and now he's mine and I am happy he dropped into my life.

I guess if one doesn't have patience on a site, they need to move on.

Not every site is for everyone. To each his own I guess.
IMO it's not about newbs asking...... It's newbs flexing their knowledge by answering.....
They need the chance to get the confidence in their knowledge....
Thats how we all learn....

Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #15
Ares2010
I agree... I guess Mr. Impatient (the OP) needs to realize that.

I have learned tons from here since I joined last month.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
IMO it's not about newbs asking...... It's newbs flexing their knowledge by answering.....
They need the chance to get the confidence in their knowledge....
Thats how we all learn....
But if the newbs are giving incorrect information, you run into problems. The "experts" can't prevent incorrect information being posted as answers to questions. Many are also tired of answering the same questions over and over, ad nauseum. We also can't prevent newbs from taking the wrong advice or even being able to distinguish between the two, No matter what, the OP has a lousy reason for leaving and I have to agree with Mike.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #17
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
But if the newbs are giving incorrect information, you run into problems. The "experts" can't prevent incorrect information being posted as answers to questions. Many are also tired of answering the same questions over and over, ad nauseum. We also can't prevent newbs from taking the wrong advice or even being able to distinguish between the two, No matter what, the OP has a lousy reason for leaving and I have to agree with Mike.
But if wrong info is given out it's picked up real quick by other members...
And if the other members aren't contradicting the newbs they have a satisfied feeling of handing on the knowledge....
And yes... The other members sit back after answering the same questions over and over... But the newbs like to show their new found skills so it's win win IMO.....

Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
ComoxCorn
I belong to a local reptile rescue group here on Vancouver Island. We encourage people to visit a variety of forums as a learning tool in reptile husbandry. The advice I give to anyone before visiting a reptile forum is not to be afraid to ask questions, and as people answer, look for a common denominator in the answers.
Not all the advice given here is correct, but if you repeatedly see the same solutions to your questions, it would be fairly safe to say that it is considered common practice amongst the hobbiests. I think it is great that this site consistly attracts new members. Not all come here to learn, but I think it is safe to say the vast majority are looking to expand their knowledge, and I applaud their efforts in using a forum such as this to expand their knowledge.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
RosieReal
You know, its comforting how things stay famillier. The OP seems to think he is unique, but newbies bashing the site for whatever reason and leaving in a huff isn't new. Ahh well. Good riddance. who needs that kind of negitivity? the op obviously didnt care much if he wasn't interested in fostering change of any kind. Not saying change needs to happen, but if you feel so strongly to post something like the above, then do something about it!! As Mike has said before (hello Mike!! missed you!) too much whinging!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
snakewispera snr
Rosie..... I missed you as well... hows the coffee?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google