CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello !.........goodbye...

Old 12-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #21
RosieReal
Hot as hell, black as night, strong as love. Same as always! thanks for asking, I'm touched you remember.

Maybe the OP should have had a cup before trying to interact with people. I find that a nice cuppa coffee is an instant cure for the crankies...at least for me!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #22
snakewispera snr
I love a coffee....... Nothing beats it when you want to take five minutes out....

Old 12-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #23
Jdog3131
Ok ,Ok lets start being a bit nicer in our posts because many people including me no this will get out of line because of a troll post.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #24
RosieReal
its true. Just as valid as a cigerette brake, but it doesnt cost you nearly as much off the end of your life...lol...although I've yet to totally kick that nasty habit. I now only smoke when drinking, but any is probably still too much. oh well. I never claimed to be an angel.

do you think that this the type of discussion that the OP thought we'd be having? I bet he'd be really dissapointed. **** disturbers hate it when they dont disturb anything. lol

Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog3131 View Post
Ok ,Ok lets start being a bit nicer in our posts because many people including me no this will get out of line because of a troll post.
Sorry bud but the mod positions are already filled....
I'm sure they will pull us up if and when we step out of line...

Old 12-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
Kronos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
But if the newbs are giving incorrect information, you run into problems. The "experts" can't prevent incorrect information being posted as answers to questions. Many are also tired of answering the same questions over and over, ad nauseum. We also can't prevent newbs from taking the wrong advice or even being able to distinguish between the two, No matter what, the OP has a lousy reason for leaving and I have to agree with Mike.
The only issue I have with this statement is the implication that so-called newbs shouldn't express opinions. I know that it was stated this way, so no need to correct me, but that's really what was implied here. I think there are fewer absolute "right" ways to do things than you would infer from many of the so-called experts' statements on this forum. It's nice to hear many different opinions so that we can decide for ourselves. For example, I gave my 19 year old son a boa constrictor for his graduation gift a year ago, and he's managed to teach me a thing or two about keeping snakes. And I got my first snake about 35 years ago!

Also, I know people get tired of hearing the same questions over and over, but I also take issue with telling newbs that they should have done a search first. If that's the case, then why not close the forum to all new posts, since most things have already been covered? I would rather hear other opinions, and fresh opinions from new people.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #27
RosieReal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog3131 View Post
Dont worry, this thread is as tame as it gets. In my experiance, this thread barely counts as a reaction to the OP's origional post....i mean...mike and I are talking about coffee and cigerettes...lol

You are right though, sometimes posts like this spiral downward pretty quick. Dont think theres much chance of that with this thread, but a reminder to keep things kind is never a bad thing. :P

Old 12-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #28
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieReal View Post
its true. Just as valid as a cigerette brake, but it doesnt cost you nearly as much off the end of your life...lol...although I've yet to totally kick that nasty habit. I now only smoke when drinking, but any is probably still too much. oh well. I never claimed to be an angel.
I only smoke when I have coffee also..... I'm on 20 cups a day now....

Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
Ares2010
Well if the OP wanted some kind of attention, he got it.. only not the kind he wanted, I guess.

Who the hell cares? He's just some peon on the internet.. didn't even contribute to the site really.

So no big loss.

pfffffffhhhhhhhttttttttttttt

Now now.. I'm being a butt.. and not nice. And?
lol.. just kiddin

Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
bitsy
Must admit I don't remember seeing threads with wrong or dangerous advice that have gone uncorrected. I've always thought that the members of this board generally make sure that things like this are dealt with, rather than left unchallenged so that beginners are led astray if they trip across the thread later. I know if I find something like that, then I'll give an alternative opinion. I don't think giving questionable advice is necessarily limited to new owners, either.

Yes, we can get asked the same basic things time and again and I don't always answer if I'm just passing through. But if I have time to do so, then I will. I'll occasionally point people to the Search function, but it tends to be for issues where there are many potential answers and one question/thread is unlikely to give them all the available options. In fact I've done it tonight for someone trying to find a lost hatchling - a trawl of old posts might give a useful measure of how successful certain techniques have been in the past. You won't get that depth of view just from answers on one current thread.

The posts that worry me are from people who arrive with "I just bought a Corn - tell me how to look after it", or "I want to breed Corns - tell me how to do it". I realise that people end up with surprise rescue snakes sometimes and urgently need a quick fix reply on how to get it set up, which is a bit different to planned ownership. Folks write books filled with what an owner needs to know, so expecting a message board to take on that role, isn't that realistic. I'll happily help out someone in an unexpected bind, but I tend not to respond to those who just haven't thought it through. I'm not their spare brain.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google