CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

One more corn lover!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:39 AM   #71
Amelavender
I'm leaving if you think I'm a troll. Trolls are people who annoy others on purpose. If I'm annoying you, I'm not doing it on purpose. Maybe you just don't like folks who go online and complain about their life. Do you know why people do that? It's because they don't have anyone to talk to. However, this entire thing had gotten out of hand. I didn't originally intend to let it go this far. But it did, and I'm stopping it before it gets any worse. But I will say that while my mom may not give the animals proper stimulation (excersize, training, etc), she doesn't abuse them. This is what can happen when you have too many animals.

I'd like to do something for the animals, I really do. But as I have said before, saying anything to my mother involving pointing out her mistakes leads to arguements. I really don't know what I can do that doesn't involve confronting her. At the moment she's doing some test for her new job and it takes up most of her time so talking to her about anything is not a good idea. It's not that she's mean, she's just kinda high strung. How does she treat me? That's a hard question. She gets upset at me easy. I talk too much about things she doesn't care about. We love each other but we drive each other crazy. If you were to ask how my stepdad treats me, I can answer that in one word: crap. Everything I do is wrong, even when it's right. He and mom get into arguments over how he treats me. I could go on, but then I'd get called a troll. Or a whiner. The latter is kinda true, I must admit.

Why have I not left yet? I would if I could. But mom has control over my money, possessions, everything. She says I am not emotionally mature enough to live on my own. And that is true. And she says I have no place to go. Which is kind of true. I could live with my dad, but that would be a worse situation. So I'm stuck here, I stay in my room most of the time because I am afraid of confrontation. And because the dogs are just too much for me to deal with when they get hyper. I don't have a lot of patience, so I usually just end up giving up calming them down. I give up easy on a lot of things.

And how young is young? He's three, well, Ive had him for three years and he was a baby when I got him. And I don't mean spoiled exactly, more like so used to something that's what he wants. If it ain't moving, he ain't interested.

Ok. I'm done. I guess. Unless anyone asks any more questions. But then again, I don't know if I should. It'll probably do no good any way...

So should I leave entirely or just stop discussing my problems? Suggestions welcome as long as you don't call me a troll again. I'm more of a gnome, anyways.

That was supposed to be funny, but I think it was misplaced...

Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #72
Naagas
It sounds to me like your mom has Borderline Personality Disorder and is emotionally abusing you.

I don't think you are a troll, I think you are suffering through a childhood that is much like mine was.

No matter what your mom says, you are an adult. You get to have money and possessions, the same as any other person. One day you will decide you are strong enough to live your life.

Emotionally mature? Who is? How are you going to become emotionally mature living in that environment?

There are plenty of people with autism living on their own, having successful lives. If you have the drive to do so, you can do so.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #73
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naagas View Post
It sounds to me like your mom has Borderline Personality Disorder and is emotionally abusing you.

I don't think you are a troll, I think you are suffering through a childhood that is much like mine was.

No matter what your mom says, you are an adult. You get to have money and possessions, the same as any other person. One day you will decide you are strong enough to live your life.

Emotionally mature? Who is? How are you going to become emotionally mature living in that environment?

There are plenty of people with autism living on their own, having successful lives. If you have the drive to do so, you can do so.
Troll or not AL lives in an abusive situation. As for money and possessions, likely Mom gets the checks, therefore controls money. I really think Mom is a piece of work and needs more then help.

AL while your posts are questionable and to a degree people post to vent, only to a degree. Not every post or thread should be so negative. We all have problems some less then yours some much worse.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #74
Dreamsnake
I agree with Naagas. It is possible for you to take control of your own life. I go to school with many wonderful people with disabilities, many have their own apartments, and interact in various social groups. Spending your life in a room is not the way to live. I really think you should step out and learn to understand the world better. I don't think your mother is the judge for maturity. When I talk about going to back to school, start out small with a local Community College that has a life skills curriculum and take a study skills course as well. You can meet new people and learn to develop your mind as well as your emotions. I am not putting you down; this is what I had to do to recover from my own illnesses and the abuse I suffered as a teenager.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #75
VickyChaiTea
Neglect is a form of abuse, no one can deny that.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #76
Amelavender
I've never really thought of it as abuse... I just don't know. Maybe I said something the wrong way, or maybe the way I see things isn't the way things really are. I'm confused with all this. So just so you know, the things I say could be slightly biased but not purposefully. It's part if Aspergers. I hate having Aspergers. There are good moments with mom, it's just there's a lot of stress. Mom says there isn't. What if the only dressed out one is me? What if I'm the one causing all the stress? Mom wasn't always like this. She's always been easy to upset and tearful, but when she married my stepdad it became almost constant tension. Waiting for one of us to make the wrong move. Or maybe that's just how I see it. Maybe my view if things is flawed because I'm a pessimist. Mom says I shouldn't wish to be normal. That Aspergers has given me talents like creativity and such. Sometimes I wonder if my artistic and writing abilities are worth the pain. But they help me cope with it at times.

I'll try not to be so negative. No promises. Lots of folks don't like my pessimistic personality. Comes from being the most made fun of kid in my entire midddle school and never being able to fill in the giant chip on my shoulder because no one will let it heal. I've gotten so used to things getting worse, it became my outlook on life. Now before you say I can change my attitude any time I want, it's not always that easy. Some people just seem to be able to overcome anything though.

Sometime we need to just erase this thread before my mom sees this and things get worse. Usually mom stays out if my business, but I have attempted to talk to her about some things and I don't want her trying to figure out why. Not that she'd have to do much, I usually tell her everything and I find it hard to lie. Sometimes I lie and then I tell the truth three seconds later because I just can't lie. Besides, she usually knows when I'm lying anyway. Sometimes speaking ones mind isn't a good thing.

I

Old 02-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #77
Dreamsnake
It isn't easy to change your life. The hard part is deciding when. I lived in an abusive relationship for four years. We broke up a few times, but i kept going back to him. I knew what to expect from him, I did not know what to expect from someone unfamiliar. I remember the day I left him and the giddy exhilaration when I knew he'd never hurt me again. Transitioning into an adult is such a difficult passage, not everyone makes it.

The kids who treated you badly only did so out of fear. I'm not telling you to forgive them, only not to let the ruin your life. Go out and enjoy yourself. You enjoy writing, then find a poetry group. Take a sketchbook and draw if you don't feel like reciting.

If you are timid about drawing in public here is a fact, the people who put down your work are ashamed that you are better than them. The people who explain what you are doing wrong are only trying to help you with perspective, foreshortening, or technique.

Getting out of your house will open your eyes to all that there is and all that you can be.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #78
Naagas
Erasing this thread might be a good idea if you think your mom may read it.

Your situation reminds me of mine when I was your age.
My mom made me feel like I was being "too sensitive" and that I was the one being argumentative and hard to deal with.

Turns out that it wasn't true.

Your mom isn't Evil. She just has issues that you are getting trapped in.

I would reccomend looking into Borderline Personality Disorder and reading the book Walking on Eggshells.

I would also recommend looking into rolemodels with Autism, lime Temple (I don't remember her last name) who has a PhD.

If you want to talk/vent more, feel free to pm me.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #79
Amelavender
Yeah, I am afraid mom might read this. She has been known to look at my facebook on my phone, saying she was curious and meant no harm. Total invasion of privacy. She read my texts too and saw that I complained about her to a friend. She brought it up, making me panic, and then said she wasn't serious. I get on here with my itouch and have the page up so I don't have to log in all the time. I'm bad at forgetting passwords. Mom says use the same one for everything. That's completely stupid. That makes it easier for people to hack. Using birthdays and other dates that anyone can find are also easily hacked. Mom and I "hacked" into grandma's email using her password to delete an email she wasn't supposed to get. Someone had sent her the invitation to her suprise party on accident! It was so funny!

Erasing this thread is probably a good idea. If I need to talk about my issues, I'll PM someone willing to listen.

I really miss my old therapist. I felt comfortable and could talk to her about anything! Then the place I went to and our insurance didn't get along, so we had to change. While I like my new therapist as a person and as someone who can help family issues, I still don't feel comfortable telling her some things.

We've bought the aspen and bark bedding to replace the sand today.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #80
Dreamsnake
I'm glad you have a therapist, even if it is hard to completely open up too him or her. The few times my parents dragged me to the psychoanalyst They sat next to me and made it impossible for me to state any feeling I had. I felt like they were crushing my spirit. It was only when I moved into the dorms until I felt relief and my own personal freedom.

You may also be wanting some boundaries in your life. Everyone needs something that is for their own. You are growing up and that must scare your mom. It seems as if she is trying to control every facet of her life and that extends to your life, the animals, her husband, and your ailing grandmother, as well as any siblings you have. That is not healthy and it doesn't teach anyone how to respect anything.

The first things you must learn in life is how to respect yourself and how to love yourself. If you can not do these two things, than life is incomplete.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google