CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

hey hey, may have just made the jammiest purchase ever!!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #81
MrPointyhats
since when is asking for information and being an animal abuser the same thing starsy? cos so far thats the assumption your making!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #82
reptile65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPointyhats View Post
fpmsl!!! im building an audience! 11 people watching this thread! not bad considering its just little old me! who's next with the stupidity?
Would you care to explain what this "fpmsl" thing means, since you insist on using eat at least twice in every one of your posts? Thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #83
MrPointyhats
says the guy who just asked me for pics????????????

Old 06-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #84
Lennycorn
Quote:
GOT PICS???????? WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT LENNY????? now that is weird!!!
Now you understand how we feel!! Pointy.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #85
MrPointyhats
ok retile65 as youve asked soooooo nicely! though possibly exagerating the over usage, but i spose exageration is the name of this game isnt it!?!?! it stands for * Pissed My Self Laughing! i spose after asking what a troll was im in no position to question your understanding of european neticate! fpmsl....ooops!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #86
reptile65
Quote:
ok retile65 as youve asked soooooo nicely! though possibly exagerating the over usage, but i spose exageration is the name of this game isnt it!?!?! it stands for * Pissed My Self Laughing! i spose after asking what a troll was im in no position to question your understanding of european neticate! fpmsl....ooops!
Thanks. I appreciate it. Have a nice day!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #87
starsevol
Quote:
since when is asking for information and being an animal abuser the same thing starsy? cos so far thats the assumption your making!
Because in the opinion of most of us, forcing a solitary animal to share space with another is abuse. You don't really care to hear why you shouldn't do it, you just want to know HOW. You are intent on doing it no matter how much it hurts your snake. You are asking us how to abuse your snake. And are not happy when we don't give you some huge secret.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #88
Lennycorn
Quote:
you can state the obvious at me all night but its still gona get the same responce! ive been told about the bad attitude of the american members here and clearly people were right!
This gave me a chuckle....

And yet they still come here!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #89
MrPointyhats
Ive just realised Starsevol....your fedex certificated?!?!?!? YOU POST SNAKES???????????????????????????????????? OMG WHAT A HIPOCRITE!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #90
VickyChaiTea
I'm surprised he's not banned yet. He's probably getting warnings at least.

MrPointyhats, if you are not a troll I'd like to say a few things. You were the first one to start being sarcastic and possibly come off as rude, so technically you started this. I suggest trying to make your posts with as little snark to them as possible even if you're just joking to avoid people getting offended. A smiley face here or there helps too.

Second, on the subject of probing it's something that should only be done by someone with experience. A reptile vet should know how and not charge TOO much, but if you can find a breeder in your area that would be better. (cheaper)

I would stick with mice as a staple and stay away from rats for now, or only use them as a treat. They are high in fat and over time can make your snake fat, which is unhealthy.

And as far as cohabitation goes, there are some very real risks there and in general it ends very badly for one or more of the snakes. That is why no one recommends it, it usually (but not always) goes downhill. Now if the risk was something small, then no one would care. But the risk here is, at worst, death.

So, here is the only way to properly cohabitate corn snakes. Start with an enclosure 40' wide, 40' deep, and 6' tall. Add about 20+ hides, 5+ basking areas or heat pads, 5+ water dishes, and as much decor as you want. Then, quarantine your snakes for at least 6 months before introducing them. After that release them and hope they don't eat each other.

My point is that in order to avoid the risks of stress you have to house them in something so large that it's as if they aren't even together. And even then, you still can never take away the risk of cannibalism, spreading of disease, and unwanted breedings.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google