CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New snake owner in Brampton Ontario

Old 07-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #51
Korilon
well today was a good day. the VIV was nice and warm since I put on the heating pad with the light. She was out snd about abd in her new house lol

she looked thin and no bulge like there was food stuck in there. I did find soem white stuff all over teh viv. is that her poo?

well decided to try feeding her. gave her 1 fuzzy and she scarfed it down. had a little trouble at first since it was her first fuzzy and wasn't used to it.

The viv is now 80 degree on teh floor so hopefully she will be able to digest well.
during the day it is over 80 witch is awesome.

I think she os getting comfertable now.I hope anyway lol

Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #52
ChaosSinceBirth
Wow, today was a good day!

Nice! The white stuff is like a snake's version of urination, if I'm not mistaken. And if she's done that, then she's probably pooped as well, or is going to soon.

It's nice to see your own snake upgrade food sizes before your eyes, huh? I remember how cool it was to see Hiko (my snow) eat his first hopper.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #53
Korilon
Well lotsa of teh white stuff lol
I can't find any poo but seh doesn't look like she has anything inside her... except the new fuzzy lol

The bedding is really dark wood so i amy just not be able to see it.

Viv temp was 80 under teh light and 72 on teh cool side so hopefully this will be good for her digestion.

I got teh Zilla timer power bbar.. this thing is awesome. Switches from daytime to night time sockets so i never have to touch the lights and pad
best buy so far

my girlfriends came over last night to see her eat. she was squeenish about the whole snake thing at first but once she seen that kori was Pink she warned up lol
And actually thought it was cool watching her eat. Next step holding her lol :P

Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #54
Korilon
ok I have a question on how my VIV should be setup and what I have read about feeding

I'm going to add a pic to show you what my viv looks like at the moment

So here is my concern

I her hide away on the left and water in the center and a tree (fake) woth leaves on the right. the day light is over the tree for basking in the heat. I have a heating mad set to low under the tank under the tree.

The temp right now is 80 under the light and about 70 at the hide away

Now I fed her last night and she is in her hide away and has been there all day.
From what I read tehy need heat to digest. why is she not on the hot side?
Should i put the heating pad under her hide away to give her heat no matte what side she is on??

How should i handle this??

Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #55
ChaosSinceBirth
It's hard to say for sure, but it seems like she just feels that she's not protected enough on the warm side. If you were to give her a reasonable hide on the warm side (like what you have on the cold, or a fake log, or put the leaves over the ground itself) then she would probably accept that side to hide in and digest.

But yes, pictures would help.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #56
Korilon
sorry the pic didn't attach properly

let's try this again

Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #57
ChaosSinceBirth
I'm not sure why she wouldn't be hiding out there, but I'm sure if you give her a bit, she'll eventually go over. She does, after all, know what's best for her body. :P

Old 07-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #58
Korilon
she does fo and sits in teh leaves quite often. she does love it over there but i was just wondering why she is not on that side to help her digest.

but like you said she knows best :P

Old 07-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #59
Korilon
WTF!!!

Kori just shed!! I didnt even see any of the signs!! Wow!

Could it be cause she is so young ya cant see the signs as well??

Also there is poo in her shed lol. Is that normal?

I fed her thursaday and she shed today. How long should i wait to handle her?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #60
ChaosSinceBirth
Nice!

I'm not sure about the visibility in sheds of younger snakes (since I got my first at about a year old and he wasn't small or anything), but I know I've seen a shed or two from mine that had poop in it.

It should be alright if you handle her for a few minutes today, if you want. I would say no more than about fifteen minutes - since she probably isn't that used to it yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google