CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

New snake owner in Brampton Ontario

Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #61
Korilon
Well Kori is a bit hesiatant to let me handle her She keeps tryignt o get away when i try to pick her up and she flinches when i get close to the Viv, even just walking by. My baby is scared of me

Now onto a question that i am so confused about cause people are telling me diffrent things.

I was told to feed her 1 fuzzy every week. Then i was told 1 fuzzy every 5 days. The guy at the store i bought her from said every 5 days and teh guy at an other store told me every 7 days.

Witch is right??

Ugh so may decisions!! lol

any opinions on this?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #62
ChaosSinceBirth
Well, she will get used to her. Just keep going by her cage, even without picking her up is fine, and she'll realize that when you go past, she's not going to get hurt. When she stops flinching so much, handle her above her enclosure for half a minute, then put her back. After a while of doing that, she'll be more and more comfortable with you.
Even I will pick up my snake for a minute then put him back, just so he remembers that I won't hurt him. I mean, as long as he's not digesting or being fed that day. :P

Well, if a couple people tell you five, and a couple tell you seven, then why not feed every six days?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #63
Korilon
I suppose the more exposure she get's to me the better.

haha every 6 days huh? good math :P

I suppose i can go by how she digests. If i see after 5 days she has digested i will try feeding her. go week by week i suppose

Thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #64
ChaosSinceBirth
Yup, but just remember that they can digest in as little as a day, depending on the snake, so you must remember not to overfeed her. Just go with how hungry she is when you feed her.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #65
Korilon
a day? wow that's some strong stomach acide lol

ya will just have to go by how she reacts. tomorrow is 5 days so will give it a try and see how she reacts.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #66
ChaosSinceBirth
Yup. Or at least, that's all it really takes for some snakes to have digested enough to be handled again. I usually give mine (granted, he's older) at least twenty-four hours to digest before handling again.

Sounds good.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #67
Korilon
so what's the diffrence between a snow and a bubblegum corn?
Kori has been called both by people. lol

is there a definitive way of telling?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #68
ChaosSinceBirth
A bubblegum is a certain style of snow.
Basically, the bubblegum's saddle rings are more green, and the saddles themselves are a bit more orange - as well as most have very yellow necks.
I believe.... I'm not completely certain but that's what I've seen.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:55 PM   #69
Korilon
ummmm what's teh saddle? pardon my ignorance :*(

Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #70
ChaosSinceBirth
The term 'saddle' is applied to the pattern that is common on a corn snake's back. If you'll notice, there's the main colour of the snake, and as it gets closer to the spine, you have different coloured circles/ovals that are lined with a different shade or colour. The ovals are what are called 'saddles'.
For example, on the snake below the saddles are a reddish brown, the borders a thin black, and the body is a tan-grey:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google