CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Somewhat new member/Having issues with members

Old 11-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #61
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcedexile View Post
i'm not advocating buying from chain pet stores. i'm just saying for some of us it may be the better choice. personally i dont care for breeding and i really don't plan on ever doing it and as far as more snakes...i don't plan on getting even 1 more for at least 5 years...so while i would have loved to have a blizzard from a breeder online (over $100), a snow from the local petco ($49 with tax), is just fine with me.
Haha, you don't plan on getting more.. but then you see another and fall in love. I got my first corn and I was happy, I thought 1 was all I'd ever need.. Then I got my king, my ball, my motley, my boa, my hognose, and oops, I ended up with 10 snakes and now I am looking into breeding and getting a few more, mostly my own future hold backs, but I'm still going to hit 20 in the next three or four years. I don't know if buying from a petstore is necessarily the better choice, but it is not a bad one. I got my king at petsmart (I eventually got rid of her, I was not a fan of getting bitten every time I went near her), and I got my snow just recently at petco- but she's covered in mites. Or was. I haven't seen them in about two weeks. I guess, it is easier for me to buy from a local breeder (only $10) for the majority of my snakes, but I can see where you're coming from I should mention that I have fallen in love with my petco snow. She has the SWEETEST personality.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #62
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Bad enough for PetCo and PetSmart to sell them, but when WalMart does it truly will be the Apocalypse

I don't care where people get their snakes, could care less what morph they keep, what breeder(s) they know, none of it. I still come here because A: I've always been here (1st inception Dec 2002 I think) and B: I just like snakes. With all the personalities over the years I just turn a deaf ear to the rude ones, or the know it all's. Sheesh not too hard to keep them anyway, so being a "know it all" on keeping corns is on par with coming in 7th in an 8 man race.

You get out of it what you put in to it. Don't take it, or other people too seriously. It's really just a corn snake forum
Well said Chris, wouldn't expect anything less from a guy who is Named Chris and is a Pennsylvanian .

Old 11-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #63
beautifullywild77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Bad enough for PetCo and PetSmart to sell them, but when WalMart does it truly will be the Apocalypse

I don't care where people get their snakes, could care less what morph they keep, what breeder(s) they know, none of it. I still come here because A: I've always been here (1st inception Dec 2002 I think) and B: I just like snakes. With all the personalities over the years I just turn a deaf ear to the rude ones, or the know it all's. Sheesh not too hard to keep them anyway, so being a "know it all" on keeping corns is on par with coming in 7th in an 8 man race.

You get out of it what you put in to it. Don't take it, or other people too seriously. It's really just a corn snake forum
here here Chris! I have met some awesome people on here in just the short time ive been a member!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google