CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Puck the rescue snake.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Justine66
umm.. thats a little worrysome.

that lump should probably be smaller than that after this long..
I wouldn't mess with him to much more, just incase he does end up regurging.

its odd that he doesn't like the aspen, I wonder why that could be? very strange...

Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #22
TwinBlades
didn't have bedding where I got him from, just paper, so maybe he just thinks it's weird.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #23
Nanci
I would suggest disturbing him as little as possible till that mouse is gone. Like, not at all. You're just getting into the period where if it isn't going to digest, it's going to come back up.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
TwinBlades
he came out again for a little while this morning, and the mouse looks about half the size yesterday. whatever was wrong, I guess I fixed it.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
TwinBlades
little guy is in the clear. he won't be eating anything that big again, too stressful on both of us.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #26
MysticExotics
Not only is there the concern for meals too big, but also keep in mind that if the snake was underweight due to non feeding, their gut flora isn't working correctly & likely won't be able to digest food as a normal healthy snake would.

It looks like there's skin folds in one of the pictures, like the snake had lost a lot of weight, which leads me to believe the snake would not be in contition to be taking normal meals.

I would pick up some NutriBAC & start using it on *small* meals for a while.

A snake in that condition likely needs more than just feeding, IMO.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
Nanci
Good news. I've been pretty worried. So- no larger than his body diameter- and slit them.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
TwinBlades
slit them? I know I'm going to chop his next pinky in half, but could you explain slitting please?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
TwinBlades
Unhappy Fun Times.... yeah...

Well last night was interesting. we lost power to half the house, the half that had Puck's viv on it of course. so he and I ended up hanging out infront of the fireplace with a heat blanket. we have no idea what's wrong with the power, so until further notice he's living in his travel/feeding tub.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #30
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBlades View Post
slit them? I know I'm going to chop his next pinky in half, but could you explain slitting please?
Chopping in half does the same thing, only better! It allows the prey to be digested much more easily.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google