CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

HATCHLING THREAD (VOL. 3) 2014-2015 Edition

Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 PM   #81
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Anery Motley, Sunkissed Ghost Motley, Sunkissed, and Red Motley Hypo thingy.
What a colorful bunch! Sunkissed makes everything better.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 PM   #82
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
What a colorful bunch! Sunkissed makes everything better.
Gotta love some Sunkissed!

Old 10-31-2014, 10:50 PM   #83
steve roylance
Here we go again

What the heck is this? This is from the same clutch I hatched the "Ghost" looking snake with the orange coming in. I held on to two that look like this one. I thought they were Aneries, but something really didn't look right with them, so I figured I better have a closer look after they shed. Well the first one shed and wouldn't you know there is orange coming in!! It looks kinda pink in the photo but that is ORANGE! Remember the clutch was from Classics Het Striped Peppermint Anery Hypo. The grandparents are not my animals and they were Striped Amel X Cinder. Of course we know now one or the other had the hidden Hets Anery, Hypo....so on.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #84
steve roylance
Anery Sunkissed

Old 11-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #85
steve roylance
Pinstriped Motley Caramels and Butter Corns

Old 11-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #86
steve roylance
Sunkissed Hypo Motley

Old 11-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #87
steve roylance
The "Mystery" Corn clutch has been going through their first shed skins and now I'm wondering if it isn't Redcoat affecting the color?? The Striped Ghost I hatched in the clutch early on has also shed and colored up significantly!!

Old 11-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #88
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
The "Mystery" Corn clutch has been going through their first shed skins and now I'm wondering if it isn't Redcoat affecting the color?? The Striped Ghost I hatched in the clutch early on has also shed and colored up significantly!!
Hope you figure it out Steve....it's very interesting for sure.

Those first two pics. look like what I would think a Ghost Kastanie would look as a hatchling.
I know you mentioned the genes invloved and Katstanie isn't one of them, but ya never know these days

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 11-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #89
JimGERcream
Awesome hatchlings!!

I bet the mystery animal is one of those 'late developers'! I hatched one of these a few years ago and it got its red pigment later from shed to shed. That one looked exactly like your mystery animal and got the same amount of red on its laterals after first shed. If this one would be an amel it would hatch like a snow and turn out to be a regular amel a few sheds later.

Since Frank Schaub hatched some ghost kastanies last year, I'm pretty sure this one is no kastanie. Unfortunately Anery masks kastanie, so a ghost kastanie looks identical to a regular ghost. That combination was kind of a bummer...

Old 11-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #90
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Hope you figure it out Steve....it's very interesting for sure.

Those first two pics. look like what I would think a Ghost Kastanie would look as a hatchling.
I know you mentioned the genes invloved and Katstanie isn't one of them, but ya never know these days

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
Thanks Walt!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGERcream View Post
Awesome hatchlings!!

I bet the mystery animal is one of those 'late developers'! I hatched one of these a few years ago and it got its red pigment later from shed to shed. That one looked exactly like your mystery animal and got the same amount of red on its laterals after first shed. If this one would be an amel it would hatch like a snow and turn out to be a regular amel a few sheds later.

Since Frank Schaub hatched some ghost kastanies last year, I'm pretty sure this one is no kastanie. Unfortunately Anery masks kastanie, so a ghost kastanie looks identical to a regular ghost. That combination was kind of a bummer...
What you are describing as "Snows" that transform into Amels (with Red), is what we now call Sunrise

I agree that if it is a Ghost, then it probably isn't Kastanie as well, but.....what if this isn't an Anery?? I actually do have a "Snow" looking animal from this clutch too! Check it out!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google