CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

2015 Breeding Season

Old 06-24-2015, 12:19 AM   #1
ecreipeoj
2015 Breeding Season

These first batch of breeding photos were taken between 5-24/6-2. They are in no particular order, except alphabetically from my 2015 Breeding photo file, except this first one, which was the first breeding of the year.

Striped Ice X Striped het Lava

Target: Striped Lavas het Anery

Old 06-24-2015, 12:22 AM   #2
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Pied-Sided

Target: RC Striped Pied-Sided, RC Striped Bloodred, RC Bloodred

Old 06-24-2015, 12:24 AM   #3
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Charcoal x SAME

Target: Striped Pewter, RC Striped Bloodred, RC Bloodred, Pewter

Old 06-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #4
ecreipeoj
Hypo Fire Motley Pied-Sided x Pied-Sided

Target: Pied-Sided het Hypo Fire Motley

Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #5
ecreipeoj
Normal het Golden X Same

Target: Goldens

This will be my third year attempting to breed the 2.1 adults I have. They were big and fat when I got them, and kept at boa temperatures.

The first two years, I used the ACR breeding method, and I attempted to test the males out to Caramel. Fertility was very low and no eggs went full term.

It my test breedings between Het Golden and Caramel, it appeared that I produced some Caramels and Normals dead in the egg. I think I have enough experience to tell, DOA Normals from Caramels, BUT obviously further testing will be needed.

I have been slimming the males down and keeping them cool, now for YEARS!This year I took a different approach. I used, lets say, the Rich Z breeding method. I bred both males to the female three times each. She is currently gravid, and she looks very good, meaning, she looks to be carrying fertile eggs, not slugs. You can usually tell. She is HUGH. She is opaque now, so I will know soon.

On a side note, I normally only breed females one time. This is all that is needed. With the Goldens, I am doing everything possible this year, just to get some more Goldens out of them.

If this fails, next year, I will breed the female to one of my Landrace Lava males in an attempt to produce Normals het Lava ph Golden. I still have high hopes for this year. I will keep you posted here.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:43 AM   #6
ecreipeoj
Normal het Striped Sunkissed Lava Butter X Same

Target: Striped Sunkissed plus any of the other genes. A Striped Sunkissed Topaz would be nice.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:49 AM   #7
ecreipeoj
Ice Bloodred x Anery het Striped Lava Lavender Bloodred

Target: Ice Bloodreds

Unfortunately, I don't have any males to match up with several females with these genetics, so they get a variety of males.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:51 AM   #8
ecreipeoj
RedCoat Sunkissed Lava x RedCoat Sunkissed het Lava

Target: RedCoat Sunkissed Lavas, one of my favorite.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:53 AM   #9
ecreipeoj
Striped Ice x Anery Motley het Striped Lava

Target: Striped Ice and Ice Motleys

Old 06-24-2015, 12:57 AM   #10
ecreipeoj
Striped Snow x RedCoat Motley het Striped Snow Lavender

Target: RedCoat Striped Snows, or recreate Striped Champagnes. The female is from the Champagne line, and the male is unrelated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google