• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2015 Breeding Season

Lava Caramel Lavender het Bloodred x Lava Lavender (Paradox) ph 4 genes

Target: Lava Lavender het Caramel, and maybe more.

This is the last one for today. More groups to follow in a few days.

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 148
Hey Joe, any pairings planned this year that might result in a sulfur stripe or motley?
I had to look up what Sulfur is, so it wasn't on my mind this year. I can produce Butter Bloodreds from the line with six genes in it, but I do not have the combination of genetics in my colony to produce Striped or Motley Sulfurs.

Thanks for helping me learn another Trade Name today. Now I probably will produce a Sulfur this year, thanks. :cheers:

Watching that het Golden pairing like..
Me too! or is it me three!

I haven't heard of anybody else having any better results than I have, since the group was sold. I am trying everything I know, to keep the line going. To me, Landrace Lines, are what we all want our Mutant Corns to be, but common since tells us, they have hybrid blood in them. Goldens would be a great addition to that concept.

Often, my Landrace lines are belittled. They are the prized genetics of my colony. What more can we hope for, beyond the NAME of the person who caught them in the wild, AND it was recorded at the time of capture, in the ACR, for everybody to challenge? No political BS needed.

We thought we had Landrace Bloodreds. Frase Bloodreds, but they proved to be carrying Amel and Anery, so Landrace was dismissed. They do have heavy wild blood in them. This is the only line, I would say was caused by captive releases. When you hear someone debating a new gene, by the possibility of captive releases, realize it is Political BS.

My definition of "Landrace" is just below "Locality". They may come from multiple localities, but top and bottom of the lines, are traceable to wild caught Corns.

It is now possible for us to have Landrace Lavas, Sunkissed, Anerys, and Goldens and all combines of them. I worked years to clear my original Kathy Love Sunkissed of the Stargazer gene, and now I have offspring that will produce Landrace Sunkissed, Stargazer free. 5 of my original 7 Kathy Love Sunkissed were carrying the Stargazer gene. I hope to do the same with the Golden Line, with the assistance of the ACR.

RC Okeetee het Lava x RC Lava Okeetee

Target: RedCoats! This "effect", is also traceable to the Wild Line, the Lava gene was discovered in. I will post the History of the Lava Gene again in the Genetics section. The only way to debunk it, is to use the favorite Political BS of it could have came from captive releases.

If this was a possibility, we would have produced them from Captives. Many genes have came from the Hunt Club Locality. I know of Lava, Sunkissed and RedCoat. Our mutant genes all came from somewhere, and if traceable to Wild Caught Corns, the evidence is very strong, they are Corn Snake Genes.

Attachments

• 8422.JPG
    8422.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 117
Amel Sunkissed het Lava X Amel Sunkissed

Target: Amel Sunkissed, Stargazer FREE. All of my lines of Sunkissed have been tested to carriers of Stargazer and have been proven FREE. The test are recorded on the ACR to be challenged.

By the way, this second group of breeding photos were taken on 6-2&3. It was a busy two days.

Attachments

• DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 117
RC Bloodred het Striped Charcoal x Same

Target: Striped Pewters.

I have several females from the project.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 118
RC Bloodred het Striped PS x Same

Target: Striped PS.

Why is PS so hard to out cross and then recover, when PS x PS breedings produce PS again, pretty easily?

The answer is, only 1 in 4 from an outcrossed breeding to the allele of Bloodred, will be PS/PS, the other three are 2 B/PS, and B/B. It really is that easy. I have only produced 3 Striped PS to date, with several years of attempts.

Attachments

• DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 115
Hypo Fire Motley Pied-Sided x Pied-Sided het Hypo

Target: Hypo PS het Fire Motley

Attachments

• DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 118
Hypo Plasma x Bloodred het Striped Lavender Strawberry

Target: Hypo/Straw Plasmas

Here is another allele, Hypo and Strawberry. They seems to be co-dominant. Hypo causes orange, Strawberry caused red, and when they are both carried as het, they are in-between.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 117
Het Striped Sunkissed Lava Butter x Amel het Striped Sunkissed Topaz

Target: Striped Sunkissed with any additional combination.

Topaz Striped Sunkissed, are still just a dream. Hopefully, they will become a reality this year.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 116
Hypo Tessera het Sulfer x Fire

Target: Tessera Fires het Hypo

Attachments

• DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 117
Plasma het Amel x Bloodred het Opal

Target: Plasmas and Opal Plasmas

Side note: If a light Plasma and Light Pewter are not Hypos, they are Yellow Jackets. It was visually selected for. Any time you outcross, a light Plasma or light Pewter, to a Red Blood line, you will get Orange Bloodreds, caused by YJ. YJ has been around for a very long time. It is not something I came up with, just paid attention to.

My definition of a Bloodred, of any combination, is when you out cross it to see the color in Normal Bloodred, they are red, not orange. Just my definition, but most Pewters and Plasmas, have been recreated, by breeding them to the SAME, and the Normal Bloodred color wasn't seen.

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0033.JPG
    DSC_0033.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 116
Normal het Striped Sunkissed Ice x Amel het Striped Sunkissed Lava

Target: Striped Sunkissed Lavas and Ice, would be nice.

I have a bunch of breeders from this project. Why, the odds are very high to even produce a Striped Sunkissed.

Attachments

• DSC_0017.JPG
    DSC_0017.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 117
Orchid x Same

Target: Orchids Stargazer free.

This is a Rich Z Orchid tested to be Stargazer free bred to a Stargazer free line of Orchids from Chuck Pritzel, remember him? Too bad he isn't still as active as in the past, to help us figure out new Corn Snake genes.

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 117
Anery Sunkissed het Striped X Het Striped Anery Sunkissed

Target: Striped Anery Sunkissed

I can claim the first Striped Anery Sunkissed produced, but it wouldn't feed. I would love to produce my second one, that survives.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 117
Striped Ice x Anery Motley had Lavamel

Target: Ice Motleys het Striped

Attachments

• DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 117
Strawberry het Sunkissed x Strawberry ph Sunkissed

Target: Proving out Strawberry phs, and Strawberry

Personally, I prefer Strawberry over hypo, because I prefer red Corns over Orange. Strawberry was perfectly named. It is a sweet shade of red!

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 116
Back