CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

SRCORNS.COM Hatchling Thread (2015)

Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #41
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Could he be red factor? How many off the offspring are red? I guess it can't be distinguished by this breeding alone, because if it's red factor roughly half the offspring should be red (assuming male is het), and with redcoat it would also be 1/2 (assuming the male is homozygous and the female is het).

Here's the suspected red factor sunkissed I acquired from Walter. Her saddles are a little more red than the photo suggests. Hoping to see this coloration in some of her offspring (sorry for hijacking, Steve!).
Haha, no worries

Very nice btw! I guess it could be RF, but I'm leaning towards RC more. Just from what I've seen in my collection. Not all of the projects I have started with the one pair of Sk's have "red" babies.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:00 PM   #42
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
That's a cool looking baby!

I have a pair of outcrossed offspring from a dark line of SK, that a friend of mine (Tara) got from Don. He got them from a guy in FL, Ward Smith.

Another friend of mine (Matt-NW Bloodlines) got a male darkline SK and paired him with a SK BR het Amel Motley.

Here's a pic of the sire, and the babies I picked up, the female first, and then the male.
Very nice! Love that last one though.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #43
MysticExotics
Thanks! I love his borders!

I have wondered if RF and/or RC have made their way into SK's. It wouldn't surprise me.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #44
steve roylance
Cinder Corn

Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 PM   #45
steve roylance
Black Rat (Het Leucistic) with some cool striping!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:40 PM   #46
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve roylance View Post
Here is another suspected RedCoat Classic next to typical looking Classics.
We have four hypos at RbM that have striking red coloration like that and I've suspected for a while that they might be RC. One in particular is very bright, and I'm hoping he'll go up on Reptique soon so I can post photos. I've heard RC described as partly obscuring the pattern around the head, and I think that description might match the one especially.

Quote:
I have a redcoat lava and a sunkissed suspected red factor that are both adults, I'm excited to work with both genes, particularly getting them into lavender morphs. Joe Pierce hatched out a redcoat lava lavender that was just out of this world. I think both red factor and redcoat will make just about anything look better (I wonder what happens when they are both present in the same animal?!?!).
I am kicking myself for not picking up the lava lavender he offered me a couple months ago, but I just didn't have room for him yet and I was looking for a female. I believe he was from the same clutch as the one you mentioned. I would also like to see RC and RF together, especially on a lighter morph (opal? ). I wonder if a RC RF whiteout would be pink...

Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #47
MysticExotics
I believe that Bob (former member) proved that RF and RC are not compatible.
He did testing with the two genes four(?) years ago.

I'll see if I can find the thread.
It might not be immediate, I'm at work.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #48
DuxorW
The redcoat lava lavender joe produced was female, I had to do a double-take because female lava lavenders aren't particularly colorful and this one had way more peachy ground color than any male I've seen. But I do have a male lava lavender produced by Steve that is super colorful, one of my favorite corns in my collection.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #49
DuxorW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
I believe that Bob (former member) proved that RF and RC are not compatible.
He did testing with the two genes four(?) years ago.

I'll see if I can find the thread.
It might not be immediate, I'm at work.
I wouldn't expect them to be compatible, unless the animal is homozygous for redcoat and het/homo red factor. I imagine a red factor het for redcoat would just look like a red factor. But what if the red factor was homozygous for redcoat?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:24 PM   #50
MysticExotics
Quote:
I wouldn't expect them to be compatible, unless the animal is homozygous for redcoat and het/homo red factor. I imagine a red factor het for redcoat would just look like a red factor. But what if the red factor was homozygous for redcoat?
How would you tell?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google