CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

I'm new and ready to learn!

Old 12-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Gusku
Talking I'm new and ready to learn!

I am in 9th grade and finals are almost over and if i keep all of my As (Which I am confident) I will be getting my first corn snake. I have done a lot of research and reading and am getting more and more excited by the day. Just wanted to say hi!

Old 12-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
DollysMom
Hello and welcome! Glad you are here. What a great way to earn a corn snake!

Feel free to ask questions, especially about setting up a home for your snake. Also read the "stickies" on this board.

Do you have a morph picked out? They are all beautiful so you can't pick a bad one, lol.

Keep us posted.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pictures when you get your snake.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
Athena_Cornsnake
Awesome! Corns are great! They can be a little jumpy when they're young, but tame out pretty easily. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Old 12-16-2015, 08:30 PM   #5
kdickens
Welcome Gusku! First of all, let me say congrats on all your upcoming 'A's'! I'm sure you'll do fine in that regard. Let us know when you get your corn snake. These are great reptiles to keep, and the best thing is you don't have to take them out for walks .... which is a good thing if you live in Kansas during the winter! You and your new pet would much rather stay inside where it's warm!

Old 12-17-2015, 05:00 AM   #6
Falcj
Welcome to the group !!! There is a lot of great information here. I am picking up my first corn snake on Sunday...

Old 12-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
daddio207
Welcome !!
I'm always excited to see young adults getting into reptile ownership. As with any pet it is a big responsibility to care for your snake.
Is there a herpetology club at your school?
I strongly suggest as I do all new comers to make your first corn snake a well started hatchling or a yearling. The good thing is right now most babies will fall into those categories. A well started hatchling would weigh 15+ grams. I prefer 25+ myself. I have decades of experience and I avoid anything under 25 grams unless it is a necessity to my future breeding program.
Make your first experience with a reptile a good one

Old 12-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #8
Tavia
Hello and welcome!

Old 12-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
nicolefowler2005
I'm new to corn snakes myself and let me tell you that they are amazing little creatures and they are a great choice for a newbie!!!

Nicole

Old 12-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #10
Gusku
Thumbs up Update

Thanks everyone! I made it and will probably be buying and setting up soon. I need some advice on the size of tank for an baby corn snake. I have a ten gallon and a 29 long and a large critter keeper. I also need help getting my mom used to the idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google