CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY Tank Stand?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
andrewx525
DIY Tank Stand?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to find out if anyone has had any success building a multi-tank shelving system. I recently upgraded my BP to a 36x18x18 exo terra, and now have to reconfigure my tanks to fit in the limited space in my bedroom. I need something that can hold the exo terra, a 20L tank for my cornsnake, and a 20gal Vertical conversion for my Crestie. I would buy an industrial-style rack from Lowe's or Home Depot but they are just so expensive, I would like to look at building instead. Has anyone had luck with this type of stand?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
Pilarcoder
Iv'e had experience building a bunch of Viv's/enclosures for past reptiles I can give you ideas and I'm about to make stand to hold my tank and possibly one or two more since I want more snakeys lol, but if you could get a picture of where you want it or give me some more dimensions also how much are you willing to stick into it because you can get really crazy with it feel free to dm me if you want also

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
DollysMom
Looking forward to the answer. I too will be wanting to have that configuration in my bedroom except for the 20 tall.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Pilarcoder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Looking forward to the answer. I too will be wanting to have that configuration in my bedroom except for the 20 tall.
Same goes for you dollysmom if you give me some dimensions and some other info I can help with lots of ideas
Honestly me and a friend of mine were very close to starting a custom enclosure/Viv company because when I started shopping for past herps, especially arboreals who need a lot of room cages get to be extremely expensive and I made a 6'tall x 4'wide x 3'x deep Viv for my water dragons
Now since I've moved to a smaller location and re-homed everyone I got a corn and now I find myself wanting more with limited space so I'm back at think the same thing.... Build stuff lol

Old 06-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #5
DollysMom
Thanks Pilarcoder. It may take me a week or so to get the measurements. I'm a little under the weather right now and even if I measure, there is a high likelihood I'd get it wrong. I'll be back here with the info as soon as I can manage it.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #6
Pilarcoder
hahah thats fine hope you feel better, and I am in no rush by any means just hoping to help out some fellow snake friends

Old 06-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #7
DollysMom
Thanks. You are so kind!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:45 AM   #8
kdickens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I'm a little under the weather right now and even if I measure, there is a high likelihood I'd get it wrong. I'll be back here with the info as soon as I can manage it.
Hi Gail!
I doubt you'll get it wrong ... He just needs the outside measurement of the viv you'll be using. Since a 20L and a 29L and a 55 gal all have different dimensions that's what he needs. Easy! The hard part is building the thing. I might need to do the same thing after I find Loopy's next home! Still looking for a 29L or maybe something larger ... depends on if I can find a steal ... er ... deal somewhere!

Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #9
Pilarcoder
Yeah the other thing is the location it's going to be in because depends how much space is really limited I mean if you really had to you could even just make actual shelves and anchor them to the wall if floor space is an issue just make sure you screw into studs odviously

For any one think of wall style shelves if that's something your interested in and there's enough people interested maybe I'll do a tutorial in a different thread with pics, some one just has to teach me how to put the pictures on here ��

Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
Pilarcoder
For anyone thinking *

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
diy, exo terra, racks, tank