• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Best way to heat tubs?

Renigaed

Hey guys.
I'm wanting to downsize my snakes into plastic tubs because it's easier to clean and they just don't use the room I give them in the larger vivs.

I'm thinking about getting two of these for my corn snake and my BP: https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-41-2-We...dp/B002LHU6CM?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

My only problem is I don't know how I would heat these? I'd be afraid to put a heat pad on the bottom for fear of the plastic melting. Also, I'm not using a rack system.
I do have a rheostat to control temperatures (I'd need to get another one for my other snake). Are there any of you out there who use tubs and know of a good way to heat them?

It's easy to think heat + plastic = bad, but consider that the normal high range for snakes is less than body temperature. I don't think you can melt it by touching it.

That's true I didn't think of that!!
The heat pad would be set to 85 degrees, you don't think the constant heat would be a problem?

I used to breed Dubai roachs for my critters In a big Rubbermaid container with two heat pads on it so no you will be fine lol especially with a thermostat

It'll be fine to attach a heating pad directly to the bottom of one of those tubs... I have them on my air-lock Ziploc tubs... I mean... the melting point of polypropylene (or Recyclable #5) is 338' F... So you're good!

I've been using tubs for four years with heat pads and I've had no trouble with them. The plastic doesn't melt and it's not discolored or changed in any way. Long term contact with the heat pad doesn't seem to have affected the plastic tubs.

I've been using tubs for four years with heat pads and I've had no trouble with them. The plastic doesn't melt and it's not discolored or changed in any way. Long term contact with the heat pad doesn't seem to have affected the plastic tubs.

:iagree:
This...

Back