CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

hi!!
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #21
Maize411
dude...it's just a picture..I would understand if he was trying to take your company name away or even your username..but it's just an image..I'm a member of various disney sites..many different members have avatars of disney characters...they don't own those characters but they still use them..It's not like he was trying to patent it or say he created it..he stated he found it from a site..so he's not trying to take any credit for it..I would say just let it be..

Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #22
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtis View Post
No everything belongs to someone asshole you put something on the web and you expect it not to get around

for one your picture doesnt even have a copyright c on it
if it is even copyrighted theres nothing you can do about it
the image doesnt state that its copyrighted

please if anyone can see a copyright logo on here please tell me

For your information ...every photo does not have to have "that little c on it"
I guess your being only 16 explains your actions.

But I'll tell you what, you continue to use it and we'll see where it goes from there. Then you find out if you can use MY logo for your personal use.

It would have to simple for you to just remove it , stop using it , and that's the end of it right ?

And keep stealing people pics ...see how many friends that makes you on any forum.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #23
Roy Munson
Durtis has been warned for profanity and name-calling. He is no longer using Jim's logo as his avatar, and maybe he has learned something about using other peoples' property. Seems like a closed case.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #24
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtis View Post
No everything belongs to someone asshole you put something on the web and you expect it not to get around

for one your picture doesnt even have a copyright c on it
if it is even copyrighted theres nothing you can do about it
the image doesnt state that its copyrighted

please if anyone can see a copyright logo on here please tell me
For your information ...every photo does not have to have "that little c on it"
I guess your being only 16 explains your actions.

But I'll tell you what, you continue to use it and we'll see where it goes from there. Then you find out if you can use MY logo for your personal use.

It would have to simple for you to just remove it , stop using it , and that's the end of it right ?

And keep stealing people pics ...see how many friends that makes you on any forum.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #25
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize411 View Post
dude...it's just a picture..I would understand if he was trying to take your company name away or even your username..but it's just an image..I'm a member of various disney sites..many different members have avatars of disney characters...they don't own those characters but they still use them..It's not like he was trying to patent it or say he created it..he stated he found it from a site..so he's not trying to take any credit for it..I would say just let it be..
It's not "just a picture" Its the logo for my business, a logo that was custom made for my business, I have been using that same logo since 1999. It is on all my business cards, my show banner, my website, and every forum I might post on and probably a few other things and places.

This is not like stealing a photo from the internet and using it to sell your animals, or posting it on your own website for what ever reason you might have. That logo represents my business. I found out he was using by another member who recognized it as my logo. Others may take his posts as mine, by him using my logo.

He said he found it ?.....you say it like he found it laying around somewhere and just started using it. For him to use it he had to take certain steps to save it from where he found it, and use it here.

I let it go ...he decided to make another post tell me I have no right to fight this or complain about it. Not to mention name calling. And it certainly doesn't say much for those of you who think that what he did is excusable.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #26
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownherps View Post
As I asked you already ....where is it that you claimed to have found it, what site?
You told me you know where you didnt get it from, and you know when it is you saved it.....why is it you dont remember where you found it?

regardless of where you found it ...next time you surfing the internet saving pics and things, you might want to reconsider ...since I am sure they all belong to someone.
It's easy to not remember where you find things. I've saved a number of things such as halloween costumes and swimsuits that I liked... when I go back to order them, I have no idea where I originally saw them... so I don't find it fishy at all that he doesn't remember where he downloaded it from.

The avatar has been changed and the kid is only 16... there's a heck of a lot to learn when you are 16.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #27
venomstreet
I don't understand why people are sticking up for this kid. What happened to "Honor". If this kid was using your logo, a logo that represents your business, and makes money to support your family, you wouldn't be so eager to let him slide.

I've been on the internet since 1995 or 1996. I always considered something I see there to belong to someone, other than me, if I didn't take or design the picture or whatever it is. That's just common sense.

Most sites tell you not to steal their content. Mine does, and Home Grown Herps site says "Copyright 1999 - 2008 homegrownherps". This kid knows he didn't design that picture, therefore he has no right using it. If he likes a picture and wants to save it to his computer, I don't see a problem with that. Once he used it as HIS avatar, he basically stole property of a licensed business, and is passing himself off as Home Grown Herps.

The kid says he found it somewhere. So, by his way of thinking, if he saw any of you peoples cars, motorcycles, or bicycles sitting next to a convienent store you were in, then he has a perfect right to take it and use it? I think not.

If this kid doesn't have the mental capacity to know that image was not his, and that he shouldn't use it, then he shouldn't be online without adult supervision.

Randy Ciuros

Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #28
homegrownherps
Well...I guess every has their own opinion as to him stealing and using my business logo. It looks as though the ones who think this is no big deal , do not have a website of their own or a reptile business that feeds their family.

As always ...everyone has their own opinion.....that's we have attorneys

Old 07-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #29
Diva
attorneys? You make it sound like you'd sue him over a Forum where he used an image he found online.

its No Different than coke, disney, harley davidson...

its a Business logo, he didnt claim it as his own.

most forums about other things, like a rockband or whatever, have various people using the same avatars. if you read the name, not just see the image, you Know whos posting.

a simple "could you please change your avatar, its the logo of my business and i'd appreciate you not using it" could have taken care of this, but YOU were the one that blew this completely out of proportion. so for him to take a defensive stance after your ranting, is completely understandable in my opinion.

besides, you're no better than the kid. you're using a logo drawn FOR you. as in You didnt create it yourself? The Artist owns the image believe it or not, they Let you use it and copyright it. So i suggest Not acting like you're his age about it, and take a more adult approach in the future.

Because i bet its not just in my eyes, but after this, he seems the more mature person of the two, and hes only 16.

and for the record, i Design websites using flash, html, xhtml, and javascript. but you dont see me going "omg no dont use my web designs, i made it its mine." or freaking out over people using logos i design on forums for bands.

Someone LIKES your Company's design... its not a bad thing.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #30
Weebonilass
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomstreet View Post
I don't understand why people are sticking up for this kid. What happened to "Honor". If this kid was using your logo, a logo that represents your business, and makes money to support your family, you wouldn't be so eager to let him slide.

I've been on the internet since 1995 or 1996. I always considered something I see there to belong to someone, other than me, if I didn't take or design the picture or whatever it is. That's just common sense.

Most sites tell you not to steal their content. Mine does, and Home Grown Herps site says "Copyright 1999 - 2008 homegrownherps". This kid knows he didn't design that picture, therefore he has no right using it. If he likes a picture and wants to save it to his computer, I don't see a problem with that. Once he used it as HIS avatar, he basically stole property of a licensed business, and is passing himself off as Home Grown Herps.

The kid says he found it somewhere. So, by his way of thinking, if he saw any of you peoples cars, motorcycles, or bicycles sitting next to a convienent store you were in, then he has a perfect right to take it and use it? I think not.

If this kid doesn't have the mental capacity to know that image was not his, and that he shouldn't use it, then he shouldn't be online without adult supervision.

Randy Ciuros
You are also 47... he's 16. He's apologized, he's removed it... what else the heck is he suppose to do??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread