CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

i must say this is terrible

Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #61
bitsy
Their Profile gives this info:

Quote:
How did you hear about CornSnakes.com?:
a bad review
S/He plainly came here expecting trouble, after a few minutes of surfing managed to misread or misunderstand a couple of threads (whether deliberately, we shall never know), and decided to be righteously indignant at us.

At the time of writing this, s/he hasn't been back (logged in, at least) since around post #34 of this thread. So s/he stuck around long enough to find out that a boo-boo might have occurred and then fled, embarrassed.

These things happen.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #62
snakewispera snr
But we have his/her email address, don't we.... So we could all send them an email inviting them back....LOL

Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #63
mbraun3
lol... i love people like that... they just make me smile! lol... BTW kinda new here... what do yall mean by troll?

Melissa

Old 08-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #64
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Where did a newb get told to force feed
You were the one recommending to a newbie to force feed hatchlings only a few weeks old.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #65
bitsy
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr
Where did a newb get told to force feed

You were the one recommending to a newbie to force feed hatchlings only a few weeks old.

It was a good exchange of information and I don't think anyone who (bothered to) read the whole thing, could go away imagining that a newbie had been given unqualified advice to force-feed. I think our troll may have been in the "didn't read the whole thing / pretended not to read the whole thing" school of thread-reading!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #66
mbraun3
when my corn went off feed i tried EVERYTHING like braining and chicken broth and dancing and tapping it on the nose... so many things i tried... there isnt a vet near me and the emergency clinic blew me off like i was no big deal so i had no choice but to force feed my corn... now he eats like a champ... this was before i found this forum though... hopefully i wont have to do this again with my three new corns i just bought... i dont suggest a newb do this though... not until there is nothing else left to do... the only reason i did force feed the corn after trying everything is because the one i had before this one died from not eating... i have tried everything and refused to force feed... came home from school one day to find him gone...

i hope that wasnt too confusing...

Melissa

Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #67
bitsy
Quote:
what do yall mean by troll?
A troll is the term applied to someone who deliberately makes time-wasting or inflammatory posts. Generally, they're attention-seeking or looking to further some sort of grudge against the community they're trolling.

Trolling activity tends to escalate during school vacations when folks have more time on their hands. That's just an observation made over several years and I'm not casting aspersions on any of our younger - and wholly responsible - board members!

Old 08-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #68
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraun3 View Post
when my corn went off feed i tried EVERYTHING like braining and chicken broth and dancing and tapping it on the nose... so many things i tried... there isnt a vet near me and the emergency clinic blew me off like i was no big deal so i had no choice but to force feed my corn... now he eats like a champ... this was before i found this forum though... hopefully i wont have to do this again with my three new corns i just bought... i dont suggest a newb do this though... not until there is nothing else left to do... the only reason i did force feed the corn after trying everything is because the one i had before this one died from not eating... i have tried everything and refused to force feed... came home from school one day to find him gone...
The thread in question was over hatchlings that were only 2-4 weeks old. Hardly time to worry about them feeding or not when most will ignore food for their first 1-2 weeks of life completely because they have enough stored nourishment from the absorbed yolk.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:44 AM   #69
patm1313
Do you think snakes eat trolls? Because this one seems particularly tasty...

Old 08-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #70
mbraun3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
The thread in question was over hatchlings that were only 2-4 weeks old. Hardly time to worry about them feeding or not when most will ignore food for their first 1-2 weeks of life completely because they have enough stored nourishment from the absorbed yolk.
thanks for the clarification! i was thinking i did something really horrible! i have posted a thred on three new corns i just got (thread title: Huge Mistake) will you please go look at it... i know they are too young to force feed and i never want to do that again so i'm really looking for advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
A troll is the term applied to someone who deliberately makes time-wasting or inflammatory posts. Generally, they're attention-seeking or looking to further some sort of grudge against the community they're trolling.

Trolling activity tends to escalate during school vacations when folks have more time on their hands. That's just an observation made over several years and I'm not casting aspersions on any of our younger - and wholly responsible - board members!
thanks for that!

Melissa

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google