CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Do we all have addictive personalities?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
wade
I'm a smoker who drinks 40 cups of coffee every day. I don't have time to think about addictive personality traits, I've got to clean my snakes.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
kalena
I got my first corn in January, I'm up to 3 now, and going to a reptile show this weekend... It's wierd - I've never personally experienced (or seen in others) an addiction like this. OK, except hermit crabs. I was addicted to hermit crabs for awhile. But other than that - you never hear of people being addicted to hamsters, or parakeets...? But everyone seems to get addicted to corn snakes once they get one!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #13
K. Rene
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalena View Post
OK, except hermit crabs. I was addicted to hermit crabs for awhile.
You were addicted to crabs? LOL Snakes are a much healthier addiction

Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Candachan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniDB View Post
Holy crap are you kidding? It's safe to say we're all addicted.

I've said it before, and I'll swear to it.. It's like Pokemon.. Their little catch phrase, "Gotta catch 'em all". Well, it applies more so to corn snakes than poke-ee-mans!!
I seriously say "Gotta catch 'em all" in reference to my snake addiction. At least it's better than drugs, right?

Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #15
kalena
Yep, there are worse addictions! Oh, and K. Rene - yes, I was addicted to crabs! I was even on a forum like this! LOL I loved getting ones with all different shells... of course, they all played "musical shells", so I was never able to keep track of the actual crabs themselves - only their shells... Gave new meaning to "I have crabs..."

Old 03-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #16
martin-bernstein
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
I seriously say "Gotta catch 'em all" in reference to my snake addiction.
Yeah, I agree. It has a lot to do with the fact that there are so many different varieties. Like, I wouldn't want six amels. I want a whole bunch of different morphs. Besides the fact that corns are such nice, docile snakes they are also some of most phenotypically varied and interesting.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
carnivorouszoo
Easy answer: the forum is my home page lol!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #18
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
I don't know if I would call it an addiction; but I am very passionate about this hobby.

If there were a 12-step program to get the snakes off my back (so to speak), I wouldn't join! I don't want any help for this 'problem' !

Kathy
"Passionate" versus "addicted." Yeah, that's more PC!

Sign me up as passionate.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
JeniDB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
I seriously say "Gotta catch 'em all" in reference to my snake addiction. At least it's better than drugs, right?
It's so true! (one of each morph, yes?) lol and yes it's MUCH better than drugs.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
Susan
Check out Rich Z's join date (the date this forum was created) and then look at my join date. I've been here ever since and even accepted becoming a moderator just so I have an excuse to be on here as often as I am!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google