CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Do we all have addictive personalities?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #61
DaGiant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@PJCReptiles View Post
Addiction, Passion, Hobby...they all fit. I love how holding a snake or just cleaning and feeding can calm my mind, help my breathing, keep me sane.

I agree PJ, and I have said..
"My snakes are my sanity"
Gotta love the addiction...

Old 03-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #62
4riscorn
Funny DaGiant..but my husband told me the same thing the other day...snakes are his sanity!!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #63
Asbit
I have to agree that snakes = sanity, with an 18 yr old, an 11 yr old, a husband that works 2 provinces away from home almost 3 wks of the month and a home daycare with 12 children.....my snakes are my sanity, my relaxation, my passion, my thing for me. My husband has come to understand that he and the boys have hobbies and things to relax and this is the first thing that I have had that was a hobby for me, hence why there are 9 snakes in a house where he said "no more animals" after 2 cats and 2 dogs!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #64
4riscorn
Sounds a little familiar Asbit..18 yr old, 11 yr old...plus hubby said no more animals and he wants even more corns...have 12 now! No more animals...guess that leaves out...no more cute little crawling things! Or big beautiful ones!!

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #65
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
I'd like to be a home owner but can't afford it, I would have LESS cash to throw around! :P
You can do it! This would be the year to do it, if you're going to. Lots of people here have bought their first house ever, since last summer.

A guy at work was looking at a house to buy. I think it was $59K or something. So a 15 year mortgage was like $350/month, and a 7 year mortgage was $6XX. Seven years, and then no house payment, ever again if you want?? That's crazy! It's like paying off a car, plus a couple years.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #66
carnivorouszoo
Yeah, homebuying is easy if your crdit is good. We have a 540 and can't get a loan to save our lives even with 8K down on a 30K fixer upper. They won't do loans for less than 50K these days and we can't come up with collateral for the extra loan amount on a fixer upper.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #67
ldrejza
Smile Okay, I'm obsessed!

Well, I've had my beautiful little guy (an 8 month old okeetee corn) for a week or so now, and have determined that I NEED a miami phase and butter to complete my collection. Also, I've determined that since you should not handle them for 2-3 days after they eat so they can digest properly, I must have multiple snakes and stagger their feeding days so that I always have a snake to hold. It is so relaxing to hold them. And, yes, I am addicted to this site too.

Don Soderberg told me about this site. I got my corn from him too. I would go back to him for more snakes as I have confidence that he will send me a wonderful speciman, no matter what kind of corn I order!

Linda

Old 03-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #68
ldrejza
Smile BTW: I am new from Sunny Delaware

Yes, I am new to snakes. I've wanted one for years and have even caught a few to admire in the yard (not poisonous, of course). My problem is that my husband won't let me have too many more snakes... at least not all right away. I figure that I'll need to accumulate them slowly to keep him happy... well, happy is relative, he really would be happiest without any snakes. I have horses and a dog too... you'd think he'd just give up and accept the snakes without complaint!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #69
4riscorn
Ok so it is 12:40 am here and I have to work tomorrow and I am still on here. And tonight while my hubby was busy laying a tile floor at my in-laws, I was so impatient because I can't get my cell to pull up this forum correctly and my laptop didn't have a signal. We were supposed to be there for a couple hours---turned into 5!! And still more to do! I didn't want to spend much time on the inlaws puter cause they think we only have 2 snakes and if they saw we have 12 and are getting more, they'd go nuts!!!
So yea, I am beyond addicted or obsessed!! I am beyond help!

Old 03-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #70
v_various
eh, I've been around a few years. I used to be super obsessed with this form, but I don't post much anymore. I have 5 snakes (NOT getting anymore) and even went so far as to build my own stackable vivs - not an easy task for someone like me. But they turned out alright : )

Just try not to get in over your head, I've seen quite a few burn out's here too. I know I would have, if had gotten any more snakes than I currently own. Everyone is different, but 5 is more than enough for me most days despite the fact I would have had double that, if I could have, when I started here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google