CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie-ess & problem

Old 03-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #91
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You've crystallized the problem here. Most of us see the world through our own eyes, and own experience. It's hard to step outside of ourselves but you are right, we can't dismiss something just because it is foreign to us.

But there is a secondary problem, and that is that completely apart from the way we perceive things, not everything we read is in fact true. These untrue things ought to be dismissed, and not taken at face value if they are not given at face value.

Sometimes, it's difficult to see the world the right way.
Agreed, but that takes us back full circle. Is it true because it's familiar, or is it untrue because we don't understand...and where is the line drawn where we can say what is or is not true?

Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #92
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
But there is a secondary problem, and that is that completely apart from the way we perceive things, not everything we read is in fact true.
Sometimes, it's difficult to see the world the right way.
But I AM really the Super Hero Zora!

It is just, the things she said along with the things she has 'accomplished' do not coincide with each other. If she is the things she says she is, if she experienced all the things she says she has experienced, she would have grown a lot more then she has in reasoning and understanding- not to mention intelligence. It seemed to me to be more of a cry for attention and a way for her to put value on herself (for herself via other peoples' pity) then anything logically true. She COULD be telling the truth but logic would say no. I guess I am more of a pessimist then an optimist. At least, to be so 'successful' at everything and to have 'witnessed' everything she has witnessed, wouldn't she be more open and understanding to situations outside herself? I.e. Maybe her snakes are NOT happy together, so why not separate them in consideration for what might be within the best interest of her snakes.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #93
danielle
Man I don't like fruitcake thank god I missed this thread,lol

Old 03-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #94
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
Man I don't like fruitcake thank god I missed this thread,lol
^^^-------Who wants to move this to Lucille's priceless quotes thread ?

And thanks for the distillation, Danielle.

We were getting all bogged down in over-analyzing and philosophizing.

Nothing like a lynching to produce a lifeless, still, quiet, innocuous dead body to weep and lament over. Forgetting the carnage and absurdity it visited on us while still alive.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #95
Dazzles
If the OP was really as mistreated by people as she claims, then providing us with this extreme amount of disclosure is a way for her to "prove" her belief that all people are evil, she alone is special, and only she understands herself.

She tells us her life story, embellished or not, hoping for a reaction. You may THINK she wants you to react with kindness and sympathy. That is not the case. She HOPES you react negatively, that you lash out at her behavior. This simply reaffirms her belief that humanity is bad, and she is good.

Why should she want to be normal and accepted by a group of horrible, horrible "humans".

She then attaches to and associates with animals. Therein likes the conflict. While she has attached herself to a more worthy species, she learns (the hard way) she has been caring for them improperly.

She lashes out further, and receives more negativity. This, again, reaffirms her belief that she is an outsider, and we are all bad.

Who wants to take advice from a bunch of "mean" humans? Not her! She is above us, for she recognizes her own special abilities. It isn't her fault we cannot accept her, but merely the fault of our illogical species, scared of her superior gifts. Her husbandry cannot be wrong and ours right. We are bad, bad people.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #96
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post
If the OP was really as mistreated by people as she claims, then providing us with this extreme amount of disclosure is a way for her to "prove" her belief that all people are evil, she alone is special, and only she understands herself.

She tells us her life story, embellished or not, hoping for a reaction. You may THINK she wants you to react with kindness and sympathy. That is not the case. She HOPES you react negatively, that you lash out at her behavior. This simply reaffirms her belief that humanity is bad, and she is good.

Why should she want to be normal and accepted by a group of horrible, horrible "humans".

She then attaches to and associates with animals. Therein likes the conflict. While she has attached herself to a more worthy species, she learns (the hard way) she has been caring for them improperly.

She lashes out further, and receives more negativity. This, again, reaffirms her belief that she is an outsider, and we are all bad.

Who wants to take advice from a bunch of "mean" humans? Not her! She is above us, for she recognizes her own special abilities. It isn't her fault we cannot accept her, but merely the fault of our illogical species, scared of her superior gifts. Her husbandry cannot be wrong and ours right. We are bad, bad people.
Sounds like my Ex-husband.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #97
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Sounds like my Ex-husband.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder with Borderline features....is not his fault....and can be treated.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #98
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
Narcissistic Personality Disorder with Borderline features....can be treated.
IF they want to be treated. My ex self medicated with alcohol, all the while blaming everyone else for his own actions. The above description is a perfect representation of his personality. He told me clearly that he didn't want to be treated and that it was his decision. Thus the divorce.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #99
LBoz
I adore you, Eric...but not so crazy with your dismissal...you don't like it, agree with it, understand it, so it should be blown off?

Old 03-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #100
Sweetseraph
Not sure how I missed this thread, but sorry I am so late to the party, for I have the solution!

OP should take a picture of her snake to use for analysis.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google