CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie-ess & problem

Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #51
diamondlil
Jemma, I hope your snake eats for you. I don't want to get involved anymore, I don't care about your childhood/adult tragedies, I don't want to show you my scars either (this is a snake forum, not a drunken night on a boat waiting for a great white shark). If your mysical abilities can heal your snake, good for you!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #52
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Jemma, I hope your snake eats for you. I don't want to get involved anymore, I don't care about your childhood/adult tragedies, I don't want to show you my scars either (this is a snake forum, not a drunken night on a boat waiting for a great white shark). If your mysical abilities can heal your snake, good for you!
WOW, been gone awhile, but as Lil is pointing out this is not the place to tell us your "stuff".
I will say before this forum I co-habbed two hatchlings one stopped eating at no point did anyone tell me to seperate them, as a result one died. Yes there are mixed opinions and some cases where co-habbing is necessary and works temporarily. It is never the ideal.
I will also add your snakes don't have the capacity for affection for each other or you, hate to say but they aren't in love, don't like each other and tolerate being handled by humans.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #53
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
WOW, been gone awhile, but as Lil is pointing out this is not the place to tell us your "stuff".
I will say before this forum I co-habbed two hatchlings one stopped eating at no point did anyone tell me to seperate them, as a result one died. Yes there are mixed opinions and some cases where co-habbing is necessary and works temporarily. It is never the ideal.
I will also add your snakes don't have the capacity for affection for each other or you, hate to say but they aren't in love, don't like each other and tolerate being handled by humans.
Susan..... Good to see you back and with great advice as usual.....
Now I seem to remember you were our troll detector back in the day.... LOL

Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #54
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Susan..... Good to see you back and with great advice as usual.....
Now I seem to remember you were our troll detector back in the day.... LOL
Dang I've been caught again.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #55
Candachan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzles View Post
I don't understand how one can publish books, work for the police, etc without having enough money for a second vivarium.

Prices must be really different in the UK. I got my setup for $130.
No, it's because:

1) "Publishing books" can be done for free on the Internet. You can self-publish a book and frankly I've seen enough crappy self-published books in my day. Doubtful that anyone besides sympathetic friends would buy one, and even more doubtful that they contain anything worth reading.

2) "Working for the police" as in calling them repeatedly or stopping by with silly "psychic" advice so that around the police station you are well-known and humored because they feel bad. You don't get paid for being a nuisance.

Now I'll wait for her response that I'm a terrible person because her entire family was murdered by self-published books and how dare I

Old 03-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #56
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
No, it's because:

1) "Publishing books" can be done for free on the Internet. You can self-publish a book and frankly I've seen enough crappy self-published books in my day. Doubtful that anyone besides sympathetic friends would buy one, and even more doubtful that they contain anything worth reading.

2) "Working for the police" as in calling them repeatedly or stopping by with silly "psychic" advice so that around the police station you are well-known and humored because they feel bad. You don't get paid for being a nuisance.

Now I'll wait for her response that I'm a terrible person because her entire family was murdered by self-published books and how dare I

Old 03-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #57
Katie612
I second the

Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #58
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candachan View Post
No, it's because:

Bad, bad person kicking a person while they are down. Someday you will be the subject of the fourth or is it fifth book. Which many will buy just to prove how bad you are, as you probably drove the bus that hit the family.
As for "psychic" advice please I am right at least once a day, for instance tomorrow the sun will come up, unless it's late December 2012, then who knows only the Mayans.
Then there was the day many years ago when.... and I..... and I.....
All the while the snakes are cuddled in a ball, when she doesn't eat again, maybe she will take advice but then again only if she is one with the snakes that day.
peace out "the troll hunter"

Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie612 View Post
I second the
I am nominating it for the first entry of a thread I'm starting: Best of cs.com. It has the hallmarks of true greatness......

Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 AM   #60
JemmaUK
Thank you for the honour *bows*

its nice to be right as well. I suspected co-hab had nothing to do with claudia not eating - so I did something a little different with the food, went back to doing what I had done at the start - and she struck @ it so fast I didnt see her move, walked her mouth to the right spot and down it went...

The male is now in blue - oddly enough I felt it before I saw any signs - his skin felt sort of sticky not smooth. Im leaving him to get on with it & misting the viv more to help with that.

As to the police stuff, I am not going to go into for two reasons - one being its fairly gruesome and unpleasant & the second being I am not allowed to do so. What you believe is your issue, I really have no interest if you have flat earth disease. Its a common condition in Pans Narrans or so I am led to believe, since I am hardly an expert now am I?...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google