• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Breeding question

smallet

I know the male snake will sometimes love bite the female to hold her in place. But has anyone ever had the female bite the male? I was about to seperate them but she let go right away and then he got into position and did the deed. I know she has been out of sorts since she did her post brumation shed. This happened on breeding session number 2. And I am thinking it may be the last one with her getting more agressive. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As long as it's not hurting the male I don't see why it would be a problem, she's a feminist, what the males can do she can do lol

Well tried to put them back together again and this time she bit him and tried to constrict him. I had to seperate them before any damage could be done. So she is finished for this year. If she is like this next year she will be just a pet. Can't have a girl murdering the boys. Will also make sure she only gets boys bigger than her her so they can tame her. lol

Well tried to put them back together again and this time she bit him and tried to constrict him. I had to seperate them before any damage could be done. So she is finished for this year. If she is like this next year she will be just a pet. Can't have a girl murdering the boys. Will also make sure she only gets boys bigger than her her so they can tame her. lol

I wonder if the male had any scent on him that made her think food.
If she makes a habit of trying to eat her mates I would not want to breed her either.

Shouldn't have. He hasn't eaten for a month or so. Was in his rack for 3 days previous and hadn't even been offered food for 6 days. She has been a very grumpy girl lately she has been striking when coming into her viv. Will whip around and even bite the hand she is laying in. It would seem that ovulating doesn't make her a happy snake. But she will get one more try next year and we will see how it goes. But it reaffirmed something for me. Never leave two snakes alone. It took two of us to seperate her from the male to prevent her from killing him or hurting either snake.

Weird! Well, there was one person last year, was it Kyle??, that had two males killed by their mates. One was eaten.

Just fed her. But have been meaning to get pictures of a few of the collection. So will make a point of putting one up as soon as I do.

I dont mean to question your aproach but can i ask, if she is "out os salts"as you say , then why are you trying to breed her??

I was also wondering, is she really hungry? My females are getting fed every five days when they come out of brumation, and I coordinate their feedings with their breeding schedule (they breed every three days) so they feed on one of the days they mate, then they have three days to digest. So- they are never starving.

I feed them, wait till I find evidence of digestion. Then put them together for breeding. As to her being out of sorts, she was ok the first time, and after some comments from here tried one last time. All my females follow the same program and she is the first to turn mean. But she is a first time breeder. My others are proven. And so just attributed it to her first jitters.

Back