CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Looking for Florida Keys corns...

Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
StrangeCargo
Awesome Terry- Byron is a great guy to deal with and did a supurb job at raising those guys up. I produced those the first year I bred the parents.

History of the line (since I know you're a big locality fan):

I purchased the F1 parents from a guy a few years back at the Austin reptile Expo in Austin ,Texas (Tim Cole's show). The gentleman said his old time herp buddy in florida- that gentleman had collected the animals years ago directly off Boot Key.

I'm glad you have the bloodline...

My photography is horrible, but I attached some pics of the parents that produced those babies along with info on where boot key is (I found the map & picture of Boot Key Harbor on the internet). Although Boot Key isn't shown on the map, it's adjacent to Key Vaca withing city limits of Marathon, Florida. According to wikipedia, the key is largely undeveloped and has a bridge that's attached (closed to vehicle trafic) from Key Vaca.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #22
Nanci
Oooh, they look great!! Do you want to know that Glades Herp has some??? I accidentally saw their price list last week...I mean, just in case you need more...

Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #23
ratsnakehaven
Graham, that is fantastic background info. I so appreciate it...

So, you bought the original (F1) pair and produced a clutch that Byron purchased from you. That means Byron's animals are F2, correct?

PS: You are so right about me being a locality nutt. It makes this group so much more valuable to me. I can't wait to raise them to adulthood to learn more about them, and so I can produce a clutch of my own, work with the babies, etc. They look very unique..

Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #24
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsnakehaven View Post
Graham, that is fantastic background info. I so appreciate it...

So, you bought the original (F1) pair and produced a clutch that Byron purchased from you. That means Byron's animals are F2, correct?

PS: You are so right about me being a locality nutt. It makes this group so much more valuable to me. I can't wait to raise them to adulthood to learn more about them, and so I can produce a clutch of my own, work with the babies, etc. They look very unique..

Yes sir...your animals are F2's. I'm a big locality buff also...

Old 06-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #25
ratsnakehaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Oooh, they look great!! Do you want to know that Glades Herp has some??? I accidentally saw their price list last week...I mean, just in case you need more...

Thanks, Nanci. I checked Glades and it seems they have one male available. I have what I want already though, so I won't be making any more purchases of these. Will you be buying any?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #26
Nanci
I'd sure like to!

Old 06-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
ratsnakehaven
I'm not sure what you're looking for in corns, but these guys are really different. I can't believe anyone would have trouble considering rosy corns to be a "subspecies," at least. So, I'm going to continue to call them rosys rats, rosy corns, or Key's corn snakes, Pantherophis (Elaphe) guttatus rosacea.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
PJ@PJCReptiles
Not sure if you are still looking, but I got my hands on these two. The male is WC and the female is from a wild line Miami project

I have no idea on localities but thought I would offer them up to you.

male first and then the female

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM   #29
ratsnakehaven
Those are beautiful animals, but I'm not in the market right now. If I were I would be looking for specific locality Miami corns. Thanks anyway...

Terry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google