CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
wildlifephotographer
Yah, I am thrilled. I can't wait until more of them start to pip and for the first one to emerge all the way out of it's egg. Gosh, I have been trying to get a hold of my niece, she is 7 yrs old, her snake Rose is the mommy of these babies, and I have been wanting to tell her about the good news, she's not at home right now, so I can't tell her until later. She is going to be sooooooooooo happy. She has been counting down the days with me for the past couple of weeks, and always ask me about them. So I can't wait to tell her. I keep Rose for her because her daddy hates snakes, and her mommy doesn't want to have any snakes around because of the two big dogs they have.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
Christen
Congrats! Yes that is completely normal he will sit in there almost as long as it took him to pip. lol

Old 07-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
wildlifephotographer
I finally got to tell my niece the news, she is so excited as well as I am. She's wanting to come over tomorrow and see em if they are all the way out of the eggs by then, but I told her she could come over this weekend, that way they have more time to hatch and settle hopefully inside their containers. I came home from work and the one is still just sitting in it's egg, and the others have yet to pip.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #14
wildlifephotographer
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention it looks like it possibly could be a Anery, so does that mean both mom and dad snakes are het anery? Mom is a normal, dad is a Silver Queen Ghost corn.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
wildlifephotographer
More, better pics of the first little pippie.

Here are some more pics, let me know what you think it might be, anery, normal?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #16
K. Rene
Looks like it could be an anery to me, normals usually have brownish eyes and that baby looks like it's eyes are greyish. Can't wait to see them all the way out!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #17
wildlifephotographer
That would be awesome, and maybe I might get some other things I wasn't expecting to get. Me neither, they sure take their sweet time. Still only one little guy/gal sticking it's head out. No other pips yet.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #18
Christen
It always seems like no one pips for 24 hours after the first then you will get a little burst of pips.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #19
Ailurus
Awesome congrats!! Yeah that's an anery.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #20
Tania
congrats on the little anery!! Dad is a silver queen ghost, so he is homo for anery and hypo. Mom has to be het. anery!! (maybe she is het. hypo too, than you get hypo's and ghosts too )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google