CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

2012 breeding thread

Old 07-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #61
diamondlil
One tiny twin (3g!) is out, the other is still chilling

Old 07-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #62
diamondlil
Het Christmas clutch pipping! Lola (christmas hypo) x Kate (Love okeetee)

Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #63
Weda737
Awwww I'm loving this thread, your snakes are BEAUTIFUL! I so miss having babies, hopefully I'll have a couple clutches next year. Twins, how lucky can you get! Beautiful.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #64
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
Awwww I'm loving this thread, your snakes are BEAUTIFUL! I so miss having babies, hopefully I'll have a couple clutches next year. Twins, how lucky can you get! Beautiful.
Thankyou! I lost my project clutch from my het christmas/diffused corns, simply due to not having the laybox in early enough. Which means I may well change my usual methods next year and keep better track of matings.
9 hatchlings so far including the twins and 4 pipping from the second clutch.
There has been a problem with my pinkie order, 500 out of which most are far too big for a first meal, so looks like I'll be offering heads instead after the first sheds and nothing at all small enough for the twins. I may have to just feed them something like a fuzzy tail the first couple of times if I can't find any reds

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #65
Weda737
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Thankyou! I lost my project clutch from my het christmas/diffused corns, simply due to not having the laybox in early enough. Which means I may well change my usual methods next year and keep better track of matings.
9 hatchlings so far including the twins and 4 pipping from the second clutch.
There has been a problem with my pinkie order, 500 out of which most are far too big for a first meal, so looks like I'll be offering heads instead after the first sheds and nothing at all small enough for the twins. I may have to just feed them something like a fuzzy tail the first couple of times if I can't find any reds
I breed a small colony of mice and just had another litter born, wish I could help.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #66
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
I breed a small colony of mice and just had another litter born, wish I could help.
I gave up on my happy mouse-farm, but in this sort of situation it would be so helpful! Now I have a dedicated herp room, that's another project I could look at starting up again. Over here it's not possible to buy live pinks at all, so starting hatchlings is much easier if you grow your own...

Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #67
diamondlil
Christmas is here! (Het Christmas hypo)

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #68
diamondlil
Just sorted through my frozen pinks, the joy of breeding snakes! A good proportion of 1g, too many 2g and a few 3g. But absolutely wonderful to find 10 or so tiny reds in there for the twins!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #69
Weda737
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Just sorted through my frozen pinks, the joy of breeding snakes! A good proportion of 1g, too many 2g and a few 3g. But absolutely wonderful to find 10 or so tiny reds in there for the twins!
Oh good, I need to separate my colony and start up another since my collection is growing. Trouble is keeping them cool enough, I have a house full of reptiles so it's pretty warm most of the time. Mice can do all kinds of horrible things if they get too hot and I simply don't have the space right now in my one air conditioned room.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #70
diamondlil
12 of Sundance's babies hatched, 5 of Kate's so far. Lots of slashed eggs blowing bubbles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google