• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stone Washed Aztec Source

In not 100% sure, but know it's an anery aztec and suspect hypo involved. Google search show a couple images that I love... This is a must have for me. I've been just the facilitator to for my daughters and this hobby of keeping corn snakes until I find either a neglected one or something that looks like this. I love the anery, anery tessera, spector ghosts, anery Aztec, and now the new found stone washed Aztec.

I'm willing to pay a breeder who normally has clutches of these in advance to have pick of clutch. I don't mind waiting patiently either.

So it'd be Anery Dilute Aztec?

I love the looks but hoped it was hypo involved. Would have made for a fun project.

Thanks so much!

So what I am looking for would be an Aztec Anery het Hypo, based on the above link.

That sounds hard to find... I may have to settle for an Aztec Ghost and wait to pair it with one of our special snakes we've acquired which has some mystery behind them. I will say they are Anery like, but not more... lol.

Did the picture of the "stone washed" on the page from Ian's match what you wanted? If so go with that definition.
This, to me, is a good example of why marketing names for morphs causes problems.

Terri

Searching for this, per VMS Herp, stone washed is one of the numerous names for anery type a motley.

I'm not sure if these are what you have in mind, but I have a pair of Anery Aztec/Zig-zag/Widestripes that produces nice Aztecs. They're het for Amel, Lavender, and Charcoal, so they produce Snows, Moonstones, Charcoal Moonstones, etc., as well as Aneries.

Provided things go well this year, I should have at least one clutch from them, available by July or August. I also have a number of their nicer progeny from last year. Let me know if you're interested in either. If you'd like to pick from the 2015s, I'll keep you first in line, but I'd prefer not to take money until I have healthy, feeding hatchlings in hand.

I've attached a few pictures from last year's bunch: some aneries (anery-charcoals?) and a moonstone (who for some reason decided to ball up for his photo).

Attachments

• 14-11-2F.jpg
    14-11-2F.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 14-11-4F.jpg
    14-11-4F.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 14-11-6F.jpg
    14-11-6F.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 14-11-2M.jpg
    14-11-2M.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 50
If you hatch out any male charcoal moonstones I would like dibs. I would LOVE to have an unrelated male to breed to Galena.

Absolutely beautiful! Let me know when/iif you have any.

Thank you! I'll most likely post some of them for sale on this forum, but you might want to send me a PM or email in early August, to check back. Hatching season gets so busy, and I forget things. @_@

If you hatch out any male charcoal moonstones I would like dibs. I would LOVE to have an unrelated male to breed to Galena.

Sure! The only charcoal moonstone from last year was female, but I'll keep you in mind if one crawls out this summer. :)

I've never heard of "Stonewashed" in Cornsnakes. I have only heard of Stonewashed Bredls Pythons.
Is it the faded out saddle coloring that they are calling Stonewashed, like this one?

Attachments

• 002kaia.jpg
    002kaia.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 39
I've also never heard of it; I just looked at the picture of the one he liked, and it looked to me like an anery aztec/zigzag. :shrugs:

People often come up with their own in-house names and then sell animals using the term. I'm guessing that's the case here, but since it's not a generally recognized term, only the original vendor could say what he or she means by it.

What you're referring to in the picture above was originally called "frosting," I believe, although there's some debate as to what's actually included in the term.

I've also never heard of it; I just looked at the picture of the one he liked, and it looked to me like an anery aztec/zigzag. :shrugs:

People often come up with their own in-house names and then sell animals using the term. I'm guessing that's the case here, but since it's not a generally recognized term, only the original vendor could say what he or she means by it.

What you're referring to in the picture above was originally called "frosting," I believe, although there's some debate as to what's actually included in the term.

I have heard the term "frosting" before, in relation to this look. It's the only thing that makes sense in terms of the "Stonewashed" term that is mentioned. It doesn't make sense on an Aztec patterned animal.

Stonewashed in Bredl's Pythons: (photo by Nick Mutton of Inland Reptile)

Attachments

• tumblr_n4voyrLkaw1trmg6do1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n4voyrLkaw1trmg6do1_500.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 31
The picture titled stone washed I seen a while back turned out to be an anery het hypo that was dubbed stonewalled as a trade name.

I couldn't find it when I looked for it again.

Back