CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

This year or wait?

Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #91
diamondlil
Hey Dave. I've been reading back through old posts to see if anyone else's corn has done this. Pearl is as healthy as can be

Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #92
UKCryptid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
Hey Dave. I've been reading back through old posts to see if anyone else's corn has done this. Pearl is as healthy as can be
Yeah which is why there's no need to worry just yet, give her a little more peace and quiet and see how she does, it's moved down that far it will hopefully finish the journey. If not then you can look at a few of the methods like swimming her etc. Anyone else got some input for the wee girl? Let's get her comfy again nice and quick.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 AM   #93
diamondlil
Actually I've just given her a swim for a couple of minutes in the bath. she was calm and laid-back as she always is. maybe the 's'-shaped curves she was making will help things along.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #94
UKCryptid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
Actually I've just given her a swim for a couple of minutes in the bath. she was calm and laid-back as she always is. maybe the 's'-shaped curves she was making will help things along.

Yeah that's the idea, it kind of helps to work it loose and hopefully out.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #95
snakeboy24
hi, just read all of this thread, pearl looks stunning, good luck with the rest of the eggs and i hope everything goes well.

good luck!

lee

Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #96
diamondlil
Thanks, and now some more progress
I bought a big bag of moss to turn Pearl's whole tub into a laybox, to see if it would help. While she was in a feeding tub, she started contracting and pushed an egg right up to her vent. I closed my hand around her and gently helped the egg out as she contracted. (I can't emphasise enough how nervous I was and how gentle the manipulation was)
So now I have 6 good eggs and Pearl is burrowing through the damp moss

Old 06-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #97
tbtusk
Such a good snake mom!! Congrats on finally getting all those eggs!!

I just read through the whole thread. It's so cool to see the whole process from breeding to laying writen up here. Wow, the helping laying was really impressive for her and you, i'd be too nervous to do that.

Now more waiting, yay!! lol

Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #98
diamondlil
Thanks Turner, but there are still 6 or 7 eggs in there. I got to help deliver a human baby during the midwifery part of nursing training, and this was a lot easier! I could feel the contractions rippling along Pearl's muscles. I've put her back in the rack in her moss-filled tub and hope she'll do the rest herself now

Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #99
tbtusk
Yes, well they are comming. I'd bet eggs would be a whole lot easier than a child. So many fewer apendages, right. lol Again, hope everything goes well for her and the eggs.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #100
snakeboy24
awwwwwwww. i am so glad that everything went okay with the laying. pearl can now have a nice long rest. good luck with the eggs and i hope you get 6 lovely hatchlings.

enjoy your beautiful corns

lee

p.s pearl is a real stunner!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google