CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Pip-pip-hurrah!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #91
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmorphs View Post
i've had one a few years back, it was like the end of a tail, well maybe bottom 20% of the body. It came out at a right angle, similar to that, but it was the actual whole body, full shin and everything if that makes sense.
it didnt survive.
Oh god I'm glad it wasn't that gruesome!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #92
kathylove
I have only seen it a few times, and it seemed to heal on its own - whatever was left dried up and fell off.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:22 AM   #93
diamondlil
Two little amels shed and fed!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #94
toyah
Aww Janine that last amel is lovely - such a pretty wee thing

Huge congrats!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:46 AM   #95
diamondlil
Thanks Toyah! I lost count of the times that little beauty bit me this morning! It's a little darker than the picture shows, with deeper colours. Looks like the amels will all be darker than Slim.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 AM   #96
diamondlil
Came home to find 4 more shed, 3 have eaten, 1 is looking in horror at a defrosted red!
I've been wondering what was going on in the other eggs, and as I had just got in from work I had a little torch in my pocket. I could see the veins, less opaque areas which look like egg-teeth are being used, and my pippies-to-be wriggling around!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:03 AM   #97
diamondlil
but the best thing of all, the amel with the hernia has shed, it's tummy is closed, and it was the keenest to feed!

Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #98
Nanci
That's great news! But I'll be happiest when it poops.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 AM   #99
alan
I'm pretty amazed at how fast the hole closed on that amel.
I'm also fascinated by the egg pics, are they really scratches on the inside of the egg? So if you keep the light on them you might be able to see them trying to get out?
Also, congrats!!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #100
Tula_Montage
Those amels are screamers! I'm so glad you got a clucth of great feeders!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google