CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Need Corns

Old 10-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
jdsr917
Need Corns

Hello all, so today i was at a local pet shop and talking to the guy about this site and all. So he said to me if you can get some free corns he will breed them supply me with cage, food and everything i need and will help me learn about breeding.
So basically any corns you have that your looking to get rid of please feel free to contact me.

If i do end up breeding i will sell on here for cost of shipping dont care to make money from this !

Thanks !

Old 10-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
starsevol
Orrrrrr you might research the keeping and complete care of the species.....buy Kathy's book, read it at least 3 times cover to cover...then research morphs and genetics...then actually buy a pair of healthy well bred hatchlings from a reputable breeder, and go from there......

just sayin'.........

Old 10-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
tink
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Orrrrrr you might research the keeping and complete care of the species.....buy Kathy's book, read it at least 3 times cover to cover...then research morphs and genetics...then actually buy a pair of healthy well bred hatchlings from a reputable breeder, and go from there......

just sayin'.........
what she said

Old 10-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
jdsr917
I actually have been doing alot of research for the past 6 months but i want some hands on experience! ! !

I dont want sick snakes, if they are trouble feeders thats fine ..

Thanks for the useless comments !!!

Old 10-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
starsevol
Sounds to me like all you want is something for nothing......

If you really think a reputable breeder is into selling sick snakes, you really are quite misguided......
and relying on a "pet shop guy" really is not the way to go......

Old 10-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
tstephe3
do you have any corns? like as pets?

Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Shiari
If you want to learn about breeding, ask questions here. There's many threads detailing the process. If you want to learn about care, get a pair of well established hatchlings to raise up to breed, and some out-of-eggers to learn to deal with neonate care, non-feeding, etc.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
bitsy
Quote:
Thanks for the useless comments
Well I'm not sure what you expect.

You've made recent posts saying that you're looking to buy Corns and have been put in touch with some reputable breeders in your area. Now all of a sudden you want them for free? What's changed? If the prices are too high for you, then you need to think twice about whether you can afford to keep Corns. Unexpected vet bills are always a possibility.

If you're asking on behalf of your shop keeper friend as a source of breeding stock (as your post seems to imply - the wording's a bit confused as to whether he'll be keeping/breeding them or you will) then he should be capable of purchasing healthy feeders for himself.

Your approach does read as being a little bit cheeky. I don't go into my local supermarket and ask for free groceries.

And problem feeders are really no place for a beginner. I doubt anyone here would want to send them to someone who has no experience of Corns at all.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
jdsr917
Text »
I got an offer from a guy who works at the pet store to breed some corns and teach me how to do it !....

I did originally want a nice corn for myself but with this opportunity i would much rather take this route. This guy is NOT a first time breeder he has done it b4 and owned this pet store for 35 years. He stopped selling corns 4 years ago and gave away most of what he had. Reason being they were hard to sell.

So now with that said i know people on here have some hard feeders and he is willing to take them on and teach me what he knows. He does not plan on selling anything if anything he knows people who will give them good homes when he breeds in a few years ..

As for money in all honesty i have plenty but i rather just not spend a whole lot on my first corn and if i can put this together then im set and i can become a great contributing member to this site over time !

Thats it !

Old 10-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Shiari
He knows 10 to 25 people who want baby corns? Each year? Baby corns that, if they come from non-feeders or hard-feeders would have an increased chance of being non-feeders and hard-feeders as well?

No, it's a bad idea to breed using snakes like that.

If you don't want to spend a lot on your first corn... get a normal, amel, anery, or ghost. Browse craigslist for corns that people are selling in your area.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google