CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Shedding and sneezing??

Old 01-31-2014, 07:10 PM   #1
maryannef
Exclamation Shedding and sneezing??

Our corn snake is starting to shed - his eyes are cloudy and "blue" and his coloration is very grey all over. The odd thing is that he's making a sneezy noise, puffing or popping air out of his nose. We are wondering if this is normal or if he's having a problem. We are brand new snake owners. Help!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
It's normal! No worries. One of mine used to always do that, and it always worried me, but it will go away after he sheds.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
AliCat37
Yep! Mine do that everytime they are blue! I guess the lose skin just kinda catches them on the exhale and makes a whistle!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
maryannef
Thanks for your help. It's a relief to know that it's normal. Can I ask another question? Based on what I'm reading here in the forums, it sounds like you shouldn't feed your snake when he's blue. But he's already gone 10 days and he's just starting the process. I don't want to starve him, and we've been thinking about feeding him more like once a week because he's on the small side. What do you think we should do? Should we wait or feed him now?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
AliCat37
I would wait. He won't starve. I have had babies go almost two months without eating before they started to drop weight. It is better to wait and feed him after he is done shedding, rather than feed him and risk a regurge.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
vetusvates
Imagine...wanting to..."scratch" your nose.

And having no arms, hands or fingers...lol...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding, shedding problem