CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

baby corn hasnt shed in 2 months

Old 09-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
gwarfan1976
Question baby corn hasnt shed in 2 months

i got my baby corn on june 27 it shed on july 7, today is sept 19 and it hasnt shed since july 7, is this normal? it feeds normally.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
cguarino30
Does there appear to be any issues with the skin? (Dry, flaky, etc?) If not, no worries. They shed when they shed.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
gwarfan1976
no skin issues so I guess its ok, Thanks for the reply!!!

Old 09-20-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
hypnoctopus
Babies usually shed about every 4 to 6 weeks, but 2 months is nothing to worry about. How often are you feeding?

Old 09-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #5
NH93
Not only how often, but how much (weight of mouse/size of mouse compared to corn snake) are you feeding?

Is it possible that you missed a very tiny shed, and it is somewhere in the enclosure stuck to something? I've had that happen with my yearling ball python!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
gwarfan1976
I feed one pinky every 5 days

Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
That sounds like a normal schedule, although if you've had him since June, you may want to start giving him larger meals. Do you know how much he weighs?

Old 09-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
drybgerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarfan1976 View Post
I feed one pinky every 5 days
If snake is 15g plus then one pink every 5 days is only maintaining the weight not really enough feeder for the snake to grow so might be why no sheds. Really need to know weight of snake so you can get on a proper feeding schedule.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
gwarfan1976
I dont know how much he weighs but he is still pretty small, he regurgitated the first pinky i gave him so i waited 10 days after to feed again and gave him pinky heads only for a while before going back to full pinkies, i guess this might have stunted his growth, i will have to try weighing him sometime and I will post his weight then, thanks for all the replies guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem