CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Please Help My Pit Bull Rescue Win a Grant!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Nanci
Please Help My Pit Bull Rescue Win a Grant!

LINK to voting

This is the Pit Bull rescue that I adopted Ella and Rose from. We could REALLY use the $2000 grant!

You can vote every day. It's over Monday at 11AM. Thank you very much! We REALLY need all the votes we can get!!

Have Pitties, Will Travel

Plenty of Pit Bulls, a Florida-based rescue, needs to get their doggie show on the road! They need a mobile outreach kit to increase the exposure of their adoptable pitties and pit mixes all over the area! Help them snag the necessary supplies to make this a reality including: a portably canopy, a banquet table, chairs, portable crates and adopt-me vests. All of these items will be purchased with the $2,000 BarkFund grant and will help Plenty of Pit Bulls head to festivals and other outdoor events, increase the visibility of their organization and dogs in need and find their pups forever homes. Vote for Have Pitties, Will Travel!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Done! Looks like you're in the lead.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Nanci
Yeah, but that can change soooo fast. You can't count on it.

Thank you!

Old 08-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
demonss
the link is just taking me to the barkbox fb page help?

Old 08-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
Nanci
It does go to the Bark Box page, but to this post???

BarkFund: Vote for a Pup-Savin' Project

Every single week, Bark & Co. invests $1,000 in an inspiring project or brilliant idea. This week, we're investing $2,000!! We’re look for game-changing, influential ideas that we can fuel, so we can make a big impact on the lives of dogs in need and the way people think about dog rescue and shelter dogs. We need your help – check out these final three BarkFund projects and cast your vote!

*This BarkFund contest will end on Monday, August 25, at 11am EST*

Old 08-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
daddio207
I put my vote in for "Have pitties, will travel" but those other dogs where pretty darn cute too! LOL

Old 08-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
Nanci
It's so wonderful to see pit bulls making their way back to be America's Breed. BSL is falling by the wayside except for a few diehard communities. Dogs rescued from fight busts are no longer automatically put to sleep. My first pit bull, Bella, (she was half Am Staff and half unknown) won over so many people who were formerly afraid of pit bulls. There's a dog for every situation- and they sure all love people.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
Nanci, there's a really great book about Michael Vick's dogs called The Lost Dogs. It's s really good read and it's interesting to learn how much effort people put into saving and rehabilitating his dogs. It definitely has some sad parts, just a warning!

Old 08-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
Nanci
I have it on audiobook. It's a great book. He's a monster.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #10
insomniac101
Done!

I would love to see pitties make their way back to being the popular family pets they once were. This is a photo of my Grandpa and my Aunt, circa 1937.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google