• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My Corn Snake is Afraid Of Bathing?

Hi so recently I noticed my corn snake having trouble with her 3rd shed. She was getting off the old skin in pieces and when I noticed that I warmed her up a bath with about 1 inch of water in a 1 and a half foot long bucket. When I put her in she started moving more erratically and she was climbing up the walls of the bucket to get out. I kept her in there for about 30 seconds to see if she'd calm down but to no avail I took her out and put her back in her enclosure. Mind you this is the 3rd shed and all of her other sheds were perfect. I don't have a humidity hide but I've been misting down her enclosure twice a day. Please help ASAP

you warmed her some water? it's probably too hot. Your body temp is about 98 degrees. If the water feels warm to you, it's too hot for a corn snake. Not to mention you're probably just scaring the crap out of her. Get a soft rag, dampen it, and jut hold her in your hands and let her crawl through it a few times. The skin will come off when ready. Most corn snakes don't like baths anyway.

Back