CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Amazing first shed experience!!

Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
Jujube
Amazing first shed experience!!

My girl had been "blue" for just over a week and had finally gone from milky back to clear so I was waiting for her to shed any day now. This afternoon after I got back from a miserable midterm, I went to go pick her up for a minute, make sure she's okay, etc. Despite what some people say about them being irritable when they're in shed, Annabelle is really really docile.

So she was in my lap, and starting digging her nose into my jeans with all her might and she kept this up for a minute or two. I figured she might be trying to shed, but on my lap??? Putting her back on her log, she kept on nudging EVERYTHING as hard as she possible could but after several minutes she wasn't getting anywaywhere. To help her out a little I got some moistened paper towel and let her run through that a few times, and then all of a sudden her shed started coming off! She shed right there in my hand!!! It was so amazing for her to trust me like that, especially since this is her first shed since I've had her.

That made my day right there. And she went potty in her cage instead of on me for once. It was a big day for her. I've been giddy all afternoon. Thank you for humoring me in my afternoon of excitement!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
JTGoff69
That is so awesome! I rarely get to see mine shed even partway, to shed in my hand would be amazing. You are so lucky!

Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 AM   #3
MegF.
Very cool. I missed my amel's shed by literally minutes. I went out to change the water and prepare a mouse for feeding, and when I went back in the room the sucker had already shed completely. It was still damp! I was so mad! Here's what the shed looked like on the lid of an 18 gallon tub.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
Plums
how great ?

wow!! that is great i would love to see my two shed - i am always out !!

that would make my day too -

Old 03-31-2005, 08:13 AM   #5
KatieL
Wow! Congratulations! Its so great when you actually catch them in the shedding process, and then to have her shed in your hands - I'd say that would be a good day too!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
Jujube
Thanks guys!! I still can't believe that happened.. and it turns out my suitemate's corn shed at pretty much the exact same time, too! We suspect they rendevous in the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegF.
I missed my amel's shed by literally minutes. I went out to change the water and prepare a mouse for feeding, and when I went back in the room the sucker had already shed completely.
I bet they do this intentionally.. silly snakies.

We love them to bits though!

Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 AM   #7
Razorblade Jinx
I don’t know… mine usually shed in my hand. I miss them so much when they are all pale that I tend to handle them a lot afterwards and if they are not with me they are sleeping, so they inevitably tend to shed when they are with me. It is amazing. Feels like giving birth or something. I love ecdysis.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google