CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Went to feed and this happened..

Old 10-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
Chip
I'm not saying they'd approach a human, but they can sure lose their fight or flight programming. I have a few that I feel sure would be toast if escaped (and not because of mutations/standing out visually).
But yeah, a lot of snakes have escaped for a long, long time and been recovered. I found a Cal king over a year later back in the 90's. It had survived an Asheville blizzard winter, too. That snake was bitey and wild-natured though, which I'm sure didn't hurt.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #32
Jereme
I have a female amel that will not eat in front of me no matter if it is alive or F/T. She got out about a year ago and I found her a week later trying to get into my mice. She knew what they were and was striking at the glass trying to get them as they ran by. Before that I would have said she would never make on her own.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #33
MegF.
I imagine most of mine would flight just fine given the opportunity....it's instinctive....they are still wild animals and not truly domesticated. They retain their wild instincts.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google