CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Did I feed him to much?

Old 10-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #1
bruce mccollum
Did I feed him to much?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414197347.244101.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  235.9 KB
Sorry this a really bad photo but I just want to make sure I didn't feed my baby corn to much!

Old 10-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
That looks like a pretty big meal. Hopefully he doesn't regurge, but just make sure to totally leave him alone with proper heat for at least 3 days.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
bruce mccollum
Uh oh! Ok thanks!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
bruce mccollum
Also if he does regurgitate it what should I do? And I'm just so worried now because I'm still new at the feeding but I had my pet store give me the pinkie to feed to him and I'm learning that the pet store doesn't know best but more than me haha so I just kinda went with what they said! I'm just so worried now!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
smigon
If he does, search the word "regurge" and you will find plenty of info on it.

Good luck!

Old 10-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
That looks like a pretty big meal.
I just see a black picture with a light dot on it!

Old 10-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I just see a black picture with a light dot on it!
On my laptop, I can tilt the screen so I can see the snake. That's what I saw at first too!

Old 10-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
bruce mccollum
Haha sorry about that i just didn't want to flash a light in his eyes with my camera but I'm just wondering if I could have been feeding him to small of a meal because he always eats on Friday then digests all the way till probably Monday or so and then is hungry by Wednesday again and so far he hasn't regurgitated and seems to be acting normal also he is around 3 months and still looks pretty small is that ok or is his size normal for his age? And I know I need to get a scale for a more exact answer but I was just wondering in the mean time if you guys think I haven't been feeding him enough based on his behavior! Thanks!

Old 10-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
hypnoctopus
Corn snakes are opportunistic feeders in the wild, so normally after digesting the previous meal, he would be out hunting for the next meal. But of course in the wild, he wouldn't always find food right away, but if you fed him based on his behavior, he would be eating very frequently. I think a once per week schedule is fine, but you could always try feeding him every five days if you're concerned. If you choose to try every five days, make sure not to feed him large meals.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
bruce mccollum
Ok thanks so much! Also does he look like he's three months old the guy that I got him from Said that he was two months old which was around a month ago but I just wanted to get another opinion on it because he looks really small to meName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414833096.288035.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  251.1 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414833168.479847.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  280.3 KB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google