• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I feel so bad

AWESOME!!! I am really proud of you for standing up for what you believe in. Know in your heart you CAN make a difference, and I am sure that with the advice given you went in with a clear head and good evidence and ideas and your teacher took you seriously. Never give up for what you stand for.

Keep us updated on their progress, see if your teacher will consider two more tanks and maybe you can find some inexpensive ones at a garage sale or Good Will stores. Maybe tell him you will split the cost (probably $5 each) and I would bet he would be willing to pay for everything if you are willing to do the legwork. I know I would do that for any of my students (I used to teach ecology) if I saw them take a serious interest in something.

Like Coach Taylor says in "Friday Night Lights", "clear eyes, full heart, can't lose".

It's called an "edit" button.

Yes, I am, especially when it comes to being negative towards teenagers who are really trying to do something positive like Chris is, just to be told he isn't old enough to have experienced disappointment. You don't know his life's story, what he has or has not experienced, and your pessimism certainly doesn't help build up his courage. NEVER tell a youngster they aren't old enough to do anything they want unless it would be harmful in any way. It was really inconsiderate of you to say what you did, then back pedal when called out. We are all here to ENCOURAGE each other when it comes to corn snakes, not to be negative to their ideas.

I never post without considering the person's feelings on what I am going to say, and then proofreading again and again to ensure I didn't say it in a negative way. You could have just said "hey, just a heads up, he may not take you very seriously but if you go to him with lots of proof he just may realize the proper way to keep corns".

Say it, forget it, write it, regret it. My posts never go up without proofreading.

Chris, I am so sorry for hijacking your thread, but my offer still stands, if you need anything corn related there are a slew of corn lovers here in the Phoenix area who I am sure would be happy to help with whatever you need. I see great things in your future, keep your head held high and keep trying!
The edit button is only if you pay for the website.

I

That's great that he made some changes! Hopefully, he will be open to housing them separately too.
There is a lot of good advice, and I really like daddios suggestion of starting a school herp society!! Helping educate fellow students and hopefully increase interest in reptiles!

I actually just looked at your age, I completely apologize for thinking you were a teenager, and if I sounded like a mom! What are you studying?

Smigon if you're talking to me you were right about me being a teenager the age on my profile isn't correct.

Yup, I thought it was you! I could have sworn I saw something somewhere that made me think you were a teenager, but then I saw the 44 and got confused!

So what, are you trying to buy beer with this site as an ID??? :roflmao:

Back